What is your most ridiculous example of being shunned?

by formerout 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• formerout
    formerout

I was just having lunch in a Wendy's near my house an hour ago. An elder and his wife entered and got in line to order without seeing me seated in the eating area. After a minute the wife turned and saw me. She spoke to her husband and they got out of line and left.

This was a fairly large Wendy's and it was pretty empty. They could have easily sat in an area far enough away that I never would have heard what they were saying or have to make eye contact with them even, but they were so pathetic that they left. How paranoid (insert whichever adjective you wish rather than "paranoid") is that? I could care less really but how much does that show their own level of fear of the rest of the world?

What is the most ridiculous example of JWs avoiding you?

Brad

• JH
    JH

Me, on the contrary, they will do everything to look at me and make eye contact, and then when I say hello, they look away without answering.

Now I don't fall in their trap anymore. I don't even look at them.

• shamus
    shamus

Let's see:

Watching the Simpsons.

Being a skinhead.

I'm being serious. That brother XXX should be cast into hades forever... the Simpsons are eeeeeeevil... and he has short hair.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Just before I left the org, the elders were doing the latest round of forced shepherding calls and my book study conductor said he would be calling me at home after the meeting on Sunday, to arrange a time for mine. There was no call. So when I went to the meeting on Tuesday, he apologized and said the reason he hadn't called was he thought my son was still disfellowshipped and he might have answered the phone.

Unbelievable for several reasons! One, my son had been reinstated several months back in his own Hall. Two, what difference does it make who answers the phone? Three, even if it could possibly matter who answered the phone, this man was an elder! He should be able to handle a quick hello from a disfellowshipped teenager who had been attending every meeting for the past year, and doing very well the whole time.

But I'm glad this nonsense occurred because it really opened my eyes.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

One of the tellers at my bank is mother of my Ex wifes best pal. They are all JW's. My son and I are in the drive through. Son (minor) has some bank business to care for. I have to help him with the transaction. JW teller looks through me.....ingnores me and converseses with minor child, not only about his business, but mine too.

After we are finisished........

"P..., I don't know if your're a religious zealot or just plain rude but If you ever wait on me again and fail to acknowlege me, I will be speaking with the Branch manager about it." Stunned silence. " If I had time this afternoon we'd be having a discussion with your manager about your rudness right now."

I drove off.

She has not failed to speak to me, with eye contact and pleasant reparte since.

Call em on it........ some are normal enough to realize how foolish they are.

~Hill (never suffers fools well class)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Wife and I went into this restaurant. Saw a local jw elder and a younger man sitting at a table. The elder is facing us.

I see him glancing over and then the younger guy is turning around several times to glare at me. I am grinning and telling my wife what is going on. She turns around and this elder knows her and smiles and waves at her.

I head for the lavatory and this brings me by their table. The young one looks at me with absolute terror in his eyes.

I decide that two can play this game. I stop at the table with my hip touching a now terrified young man and reach across the table to take the elders hand and we shake hands.

I had heard that he had been in the hospital for his heart and ask him how he is doing. He is trying to withdraw his hand and I hang on to it and continue inquiring about his health.

Fast forward to a different restaurant. It's sunday and there are a group of jw's for their after meeting lunch. This elder walks by and wants revenge. So he loudly says Hi Donna how are you? While doing a serious shunning on me.

Loud enough for most to hear, I call out "hey it's brother holier than thou!! How ya doing Rosco??

He turns beat red and sits down. Then the whispering and quick looks from the 10 or so jw's. Then the other patrons start to look around and chuckle and whisper among them selves.

I usually just ignore them. But these were too much to pass on.

Outoftheorg

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Priceless!

I have done the same thing now and then ........ makes good sport. !

~Hill

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've told this story before here but will repeat since it fits the topic..

my ex husband was df'd.. he was on a country road and seen a motorcycle wreck.. he stopped , got out and tried to stop the bleeding on the guys leg and render first aid while waiting for another car to come by so he could send someone to call for help. finally a car comes by, slows..its his brother and sister in law.. they look him in the eye and drive off. finally a worldly person comes by and help is called etc..

i confronted the bro and sisinlaw and asked them how they could justify driving off from an accident and they said they werent required to stop and help a df'd person and i was really in the wrong for expecting them to have stopped. really really sickening that they'd not stop at an accident to help.thankfully it wasnt a life threatening accident but it was a serious accident. the man that was hurt had a broken leg, bunches of cuts and bruises etc. its been several years and i still find it shocking.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

hmmmn. was the guy a Samaritan?........a little rusty on my New Testament but isnt there a story about something kinda like your story in there?

~~~Hill

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... thanks for sharing !!!

About your story Candi (I don't know about there) but here it's a crime to not help (somebody in danger) when you have the mean to ... here you could have send them to jail for that ... just imagine if it were the shunned one and that they were the only one able to help (murder by omission ?) That's maybe a big point for those who wants to sue the JW about the shunning (hope that there is a report on this). It's hard to see how far they can go on insensitivity ... Cause they even forget about the one who's not shunned, and not JW (just because the shunned one was there ...) Pfffffffffffffffff HEAVY STUFF !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit