WILL THE WT APOLOGIZE- LIKE THE CATHOLIC DID???

by JT 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

I dont think its possible. I dont think they can even form the words to say a simple "We're sorry". Some dysfuntional parents have this same 'disorder' when it comes to apologizing to there children for past mistakes, they simply do not have it in them. So even more I would imagine when you speak for god....

I remember having to write those 6 statements down. I was amazed that there were no questions about this. I knew then that I would be making my exit from that role...way too much liability.

Axelspeed

• metatron
    metatron

No, they won't apologize. Can you imagine a Watchtower ready to get printed - and Jaracz demands it be stopped

if it EVER admits that they were wrong and says "We're sorry"? I can!

There is one emerging, glacial factor that may force some feeble, half-hearted, watered-down, barely noticeable

admissions: the Numbers. Get a year or two of publisher losses worldwide and they will get worried ( like

Henschel giving in on some weak statement about the 1975 mistake in the Watchtower) Don't expect

much from these self appointed 'Theocrats'. Money and power move them, not the cries of their victims

asking for justice.

metatron

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

In a word "No".

Like Axelspeed, I remember writing down the points in my copy of the "Shepherd" book. The point is though, because of the way the society always works in a secretive and manipulative manner, they will never admit to any wrong doing. Just like in the days of the old Soviet Union where the government worked in the same way and would never admit to any wrong or blame.

Eyeslice

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Absolutely not! It would leave them wide open to a lot of questions by the JWs, that would take any wonder and "awe" away from the 'spokesmen for God' idea.

Their "image" is everything (well maybe money and power too :-)

hugs,

Annie

(waving at JT :-)

• JH
    JH

Did the Watchtower ever apologize for anything in the past?

The word just doesn't exist in their vocabulary.

• minimus
    minimus

There was ONLY 1 reason the RCC apologized--------MONEY---------The RCC has believed they alone are God's Chosen Church. They are quite similar to the WBTS (FDS). The bottom line----The Pope was supposed to be "infalliable"---very simliar to the "Slave". The LAWYERS knew that they HAD to stem the tide sooner or later. The snowball effect took place, the apology was given and the settlements were made. IF the WBTS realizes they will lose enormous money in the long run----they WILL apologize and remind everyone that human "creatures" make up the organization and we all make mistakes and need forgiveness and the FDS is really "humble".....Hope that answers your question, JT!!

• wizedup
    wizedup

Let me see if I got this right.

Victim goes to elders for help. Elders call society for legal advice. Society gives legal advice. Elders follow the kind of advice that only clears the society from legal repurcussions. Elders think the society is backing them and there to protect them. Victims sue elders and the local congregation. Elders take the fall for the society. The society can't be touched and gets to keep their money.

Now, don't that want to make YOU reach out?

• willyloman
    willyloman
    In one well publicized "settlement," the RCC was made to publish an 800 number for reporting abuse within its ranks. I suspect the aforementioned "apology" stems from the same place; the settlement undoubtedly called for a public apology as well as monetary payment. That's what it will take for the WTS to apologize for anything: a court order.
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I totally respect humility - when people can apologize for past wrongs- of all the things that cause me to hate the organization which I used to love pasionately - it is their lack of humility -esp the Brooklyn head honchos. I truly despise them. IF - IF they were to appologize they would rise about 1000% in my estimation - but I feel they will not. I fear theywill publish WT articles making agreat deal out of what the Cathloic Church has done and criticize them - and yet % wise they are probably worse thn the RC church

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I JUST CALLED BETHEL AND THEY FAXED ME THE OFFICIAL "APOLOGY" FROM THE FD&S.

"In recent times God?s Organization has been attacked by Satan?s earthly legal institution with regard to alleged sexual misconduct of certain elders in the Christian congregation. With regard to those making such assertions, we must warn them that running ahead of Jehovah and demanding so-called justice from Satan?s system rather than waiting for the Faithful and Discreet Slave is ill-advised and could even hamper their relationship with Jehovah. We humbly ask all those with supposed complaints to forgive us for waiting on Jehovah, and as their Mother who is in charge of dispensing their spiritual food at the proper time we would also ask them to remember the light is growing brighter towards the time of the end."

So there you have it...I just love it when they're humble.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit