WILL THE WT APOLOGIZE- LIKE THE CATHOLIC DID???

by JT 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

Last evening we went out with 2 other former jw couples a couple of guys and their wives I knew from the old days of bethel.

WE were discussing the public apology that the catholic church just authorized to be made to the child abuse victims for their cases being mishandled as well as that $100 million dollar check they just cut.

And I will ask you all the same question

Do you think the wt will be humble enough to publicly apologize like the catholic church did for mishandling folks cases?

And we all agreed that that is no likely due to the concern that wt has about its image, both among its members and the concern about it image to those outside.

A few years back the World Wide Church of god, better known as Hurbert Armstrong group out of CA made a public apology for its behavior as well.

But based on the current policy of handling judical cases it would lead one to believe that the wt is very unlikely to admit publicly any error, if you take a look at point #6 below of the instructions to elders and these ARE STILL THE POLICY-

One can clearly see that admitting error is not going to be easy to get from the wt-

The problem that this poses is that when old cases are REOPENED the only records about the cases will show that the case was handled correctly, so even getting to the wt records reveal that the documents are false, how sad.

The Legal dept provided these instructions for the protection of the wt not the individuals involved, how sad.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What not to Put On Disfellowshipping
    Forms

During the Kingdom Ministry Schools that were held during November and December of
    1994, elders in the United States were given information that was to be written into their
    "Pay Attention To Yourselves And To All The Flock" book.

This information concerned the
    S77 and S79 forms that local judicial committees use to report disfellowshippings to the
    branch office in Brooklyn.

The following was read to the elders, twice, for them to write
    word for word into their books.

Six Expressions That Should Not Be Used on S77 and S79 Forms

1. Anything alluding to or naming one of the Society's attorneys

2. Any mention of the Legal Department

3. Any comments referring to direction from the Society

4. Any comments mentioning anyone other than the committee itself as a
    possible influence in the decision reached

5. Any comments that might suggest to someone with a critical eye that the
    committee did not reach its decision on its own but, instead, somehow
    yielded to the influence of an outside party
    6. Any comments indicating that the elders mishandled the case or committed
    any error in the investigation or the judicial committee process.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't believe there will ever be an apology from "Brooklyn"/"The Sociey"/The Watchtower/The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses for anything they've taught or how anything has been handled. They just don't seem to be humble or truly god-fearing or loving in reality. Nor do they seem to love truth or seek truth, though they claim to have "truth".

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

To apologize would require humility, and humility is an elusive concept when you feel you speak for God.

• avishai
    avishai

Hell no. not when their using disgusting dodges to get out of stuff, and comparing the VICTIMS of these crimes with whores in teh beware teh voice of strangers talk.

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

What!? and admit that they are HUMAN and that they make mistakes. They dont make mistakes, they only get "new light". Thats number one and secondly too much $$$ is at stake to ever make themselves a legal bullseye.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

When I was a kid, sometimes my parents would make us kids apologize to our siblings for something we did wrong. Of course, as a defiant 7-year-old, it can be tough to say sorry and make it sound like you mean it. The first attempt was usually something like, "Sorry, but you shouldn't have taken my gum!" Of course, Mom would disqualify that with a swift, "That's not a real apology. Try again." And we would actually have to rework our apology until we took responsibility for ourselves and didn't try to shift the blame.

The Witnesses publish voluminous amounts of literature. And by any standards, they have made some pretty whopping mistakes. But I defy anyone to find an example of the Watchtower Society ever publishing a real apology. Not the "Sorry you feel that way" kind, but a real, "We really messed this one up, and we understand that it hurt people. We apologize."

If history is any indication, the WTBTS will never, ever apologize. They simply cannot do it. Apparently, their mom never taught them how.

SNG

• teejay
    teejay

No.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Just wanted to thank JT for the glimpse into the inner workings...it was interesting, as always. The six directives you listed were just creepy. It's hard to imagine being an elder, and hearing this stuff, and not thinking, "Dude, wait a minute, this is really wack."

SNG

• blondie
    blondie

The Catholics that are working to get the Catholic Church to truly admit and make amends for the sexual abuse under their watch would disagree that the Churuch has made any sincere apologies or attempts to help without being dragged screaming to the courtroom.

You might like to look at this website, Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP). I belong to the regional group in my area and have been meeting with them on a regular basis. Their comments about their continuing fight to get the Church to reveal the perpetrators and to quit stonewalling the victims is long from being over.

http://www.snapnetwork.org/

Some of their organizing and advocating techniques could help force the issue in the WTS. I am confident that given time and seeing their energy that eventually they may turn the tide as to making any religious group more accountable. The laws they help forge will be usable against the WTS.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    WILL THE WT APOLOGIZE- LIKE THE CATHOLIC DID???

Hell no. How could "Gawd's Organization" apologize for ANYTHING? That would be tantamount to Gawd itself admitting to making a mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit