JW Urban Legends...

by ThisGuy04 35 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

A pioneer is ALWAYS taken care of by J!

Yeah, I went bankrupt waiting for J to pull a rabbit of his hat while I pio'd for 5 years, lost nearly everything

Never Again

u/d

• heatherg
    heatherg

I remember the smurf one. My Mom threw all my smurf stuff away and I was banned from watching them on TV from then on. I watch them now with my kids, catching up on all the episodes I missed! The smurfs haven't jumped outta the TV at us yet! Ha

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

well that tears it - - - i never heard of demonized shoes!

or this...

I remember in the 1970s being instructed at the meeting to go home and immediately destroy all Proctor and Gamble products. The WTS had just "learned" that the star and moon logo on their products was a symbol of devil worshipping, which was supported by the manufacturer of the products. When it was later found to be an urban legend, the JWs backpedaled and said, even if P&G wasn't into devil worship, it would be against the rules to have anything in your home that depicted the planets, so they should have been thrown away in the first place.

Then we were told to cease consuming any candy bars that had nougat in them because the nougat was made from blood. Again, a myth. Then the JWs backpedaled and said, since nougat contained gelatin (does it?), it was better not to eat it. But Jello was allowed. Go figure.

how bizarre... now, about that nougat... if they didn't want you to literatlly eat blood, then were you allowed to eat meat? i mean, have you ever thawed meat out on the counter and when it's ready to cook, found this dark red liquid stuff on the plate...um, that's blood, right? i asked about that once and was told it was just juice so it was ok to eat it. hmm... but that P&G thing is just delusional...
  • Honesty
    Honesty

The best one I heard was 'from the platform'. The CO said he was in FS and met a preacher. The said "I know you have the truth but I can't admit it publicly because my flock would leave." The same CO is featured prominently in the Proclaimers Book. How coincidental.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong
    A young MS brother was on his way to the KH for Saturday morning field service. He was running late, but was anxious to get there because the visiting Circuit Overseer was in town and he wanted to impress him. As he was driving like a bat out of Hades he get's behind an old man in a hat driving slow. The old guy just wasn't keeping up with traffic and our young brother was having a hard time getting around him. When he finally got around him the young MS gave an obscene gesture at the old geezer as he blew past him. The brother gets to the hall and is just stepping inside when the old geezer pulls into the KH parking lot. Yep, you guessed it....it was the CO. The young finger-gesturing brother was deleted as an MS at the following meeting.

I actually remember that one. That story was used to on the platform many times. I used to whisper to my friends that if you are going to flip off anybody on the road, make sure they ain't driving a Buick.

I used to flip off all the elders and CO all the time. They never saw me though......

• TheEdge
    TheEdge

Lol - you've jogged my memory - I heard the Avon Lady tale 20 years or more ago - forgot about it till I read it here!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit