a quiet moment on the beach

by teejay 27 Replies latest social relationships

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

sorry but both hubby and me would say "Damn!!"

We both appreciate a nice looking body, male or female.

Mrs Jones

• teejay
    teejay

Hey, Billygoat,

Sounds like you and Mozz have it just like it's supposed to be.

Being the manly man that I am, I couldn't care less if my wife sees, looks at, even adores, other (notice, I said "other") fantabulous looking men. She, however, is not as enlightened as you or I when it comes to me doing the same. May I give you her number? Perhaps y'all can have a little chat.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    is there any possible way for the man in such a scenario to come out of it unscathed? Is the woman (or, are women) destined to feel a threat? Does a negative reaction on her part signal anything about the quality of the relationship? Do women *REALLY* expect men not to look?

I don't mind if Jon checks out good-looking women one bit. He tells me daily that I am beautiful, so I have nothing to worry about.

He has mixed feels about men checking me out though. Part of him is proud that he has a woman that can attract men, but there's the "hey, that's mine" element that's hard to ignore.

• Sassy
    Sassy

my bf usually will turn to me and say.. Baby.. now you know I may look.. but you are the one I come home to every night.. your the woman I love..

I just give him that smile like he was busted.. but forgiven..

I'd be a fool to think he didn't notice something beautiful in front of him..

course.. he'd be a fool to think I didn't notice a fine man in front of me either..

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I think there's a difference between noticing a good looking person (of either gender) and the *jaw drop to floor/stare up & down for 5 minutes then continuously looking around to see if you can catch a glimpse of said beautiful person again.

The former wouldn't bother me, the latter might.

And no, I don't think it's an indication of the quality of the relationship as much as it of the quality of the individuals in said relationship.

• teejay
    teejay
    He has mixed feels about men checking me out though. Part of him is proud that he has a woman that can attract men, but there's the "hey, that's mine" element that's hard to ignore.

So is he jealous, B? Does he think you're someone he could lose?

Personally, it kinda turns me on when men are attracted to my wife. They see what I saw when I was first attracted to her. I'd hate having a woman that didn't attract attention.

We've even been places where old male friends of hers were obviously delighted to see her and I gave her space to renew acquaintances.

Does this mean I'm secure? Or indifferent?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I think it means your secure. Even though my husband is secure, it sure is nice to know that he recognizes that I'm getting attention from the opposite sex and that it doesn't bother him. Now I'm sure if I were flirting back with the other dudes, he'd not like it that well. We consistently reinforce our love for each other with words like, "You were the sexiest woman/guy there tonight!" Sincere compliments like that go along way with both of us.

• teejay
    teejay
    I think there's a difference between noticing a good looking person and the *jaw drop to floor/stare up & down for 5 minutes then continuously looking around to see if you can catch a glimpse of said beautiful person again.

You'll have to see the commercial, Rhonda. The man was very cool in how he appreciated the beauty very much in his field of vision. Honest.

Dude was cooler than me, even. Like I said... I'd be forced... forced, I tellya... to comment. An appreciation of life's finer things would demand it. My wife trips sometimes and trust me, she'd trip all by her lonesome on that one. I'd be discreet, but I'm a freakin' man, gosh darn it!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    So is he jealous, B? Does he think you're someone he could lose?

Jealous? Only a normal amount, I guess. I'd be a little disappointed if he wasn't a little bit jealous when I get male attention. That's why I said that he is "proud that he has a woman that can attract men". The other day when we went to the liquor store together, we split up to get a couple items. As I perused the tequila a guy came up to me and from what I could tell (who knows) he was hitting on me and Jon from afar had a funny smile on his face. After I sent the guy away, Jon says to me, "you getting hit on again?".. and laughs it off.

As for him thinking I am someone he could lose.. well, no. He trusts me and knows that I love him. I go out with groups of people consisting of males and females, many of them good-looking and single and he doesn't feel the need to tag along or interrogate me when I get home.

You can be secure in your mate, but a bit of jealousy (maybe that's too strong a word) is a good thing imho. If some jealousy (in mild form) isn't demonstrated occasionally, it can too easily be interpretted as indifference.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I just got strait up honest about it, told the Mrs. in no uncertain terms, when I'm in the car, and alone, I'm always checking out the honeys, and also told her that when I'm with her, and she knows this, that she gets the respect of my not looking, at least not over-looking, at women out there, and believe it or not there are those times when one will come into the field of radar, she'll be there and I'll have to say " Boy, Shes Got an Attention Getting Ass, Doesn't She?" and she'll usually have to admit.

As respects when in the company of any woman, however, be she my sister, my neighbor, a passive female friend, I treat them all as if my eyes are for them alone, I mean,... its about decorum and there will always be ample opportunity to window shop, without the need for putting their feelings in jeopardy. No one but you and her may know that theres nothing going on between each other, but what type of image do you wish to project in public? It can make all the difference in the world. It mostly a matter of respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit