a quiet moment on the beach

by teejay 27 Replies latest social relationships

• teejay
    teejay
    If some jealousy (in mild form) isn't demonstrated occasionally, it can too easily be interpretted as indifference.

Then what?

• little1
    little1

I have to agree that a look - brief - is written off as normal and forgiven, a prolonged jaw-dropped stare, though, is insulting to both women present. Be discreet guys. We know you look, but be discreet.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Yep, after 10 years of marriage I finally got caught looking at another women. I thought I had it down to a science, but nope not this time, I got cold busted. Believe it or not before that the subject had never came up.

Thats the main reason I like wearing shades. That way I can look at these women in my own privacy.

M

• teejay
    teejay

@ Merc. You straight up crazy, Dude!!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

I agree w/most women wanting their men (and vice versa) to know that they're with someone who's attractive to the opposite sex. Both sexes I think thrive on "competition", whether conscious or sub-conscious.

But, if a casual look at a member of the opposite sex is enough to send a partner tripping - something's wrong. Either the person has self-esteem issues or the relationship has some security ones.

I think if it's a healthy/happy relationship - and the individuals in it are healthy/happy, there's not going to be an issue. Your partner will automatically know that with you they are #1 - and won't feel threatened by you noticing beauty in ANY form.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I'm lucky I guess. My wife appreciates a nice body, too. I've seen her get a little 'shiver' when a 'hunk' goes by, I say, "W-w-hat? "Whew, she says, that guys butt gave me goosebumps."

And at one of the ApostaFests...a lot of guys got pinched as they walked by her!

So-o, I get to look, too!

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

My hubby and I have an agreement.

He gets to look and comment just as long as I get to too!

We are both people watchers, so we always see the same people.

But victorias secret catalogs in this house are a nono!!!

Not until they come up with a victors secret one for ladies ! lol

my .02

MelbaToast

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

In situations like those, my husband looks at me and says "She almost looks as good as you" and proceeds to kiss me. I know he's lying and sucking up, but I don't care. He loves me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit