My Fascination With Nicely Shaped Jugs

by Englishman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is a part of my collection.

The all-blue jug and the "pinch pot" below were made in a local pottery in the 1920's and are known as WESUMA ware. (WEston SUper MAre)

The others are all Doulton Lambeth ware from the late 1800's, well before the company came to be called Royal Doulton. They're not particularly valuable, but I think they make an interesting feature in our lounge. I like 'em!

So then, what do you collect?

Anything unusual?

Englishman.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That's quite the rack you have those jugs on!

Mrs. Kwin collects those snow globes.

Kwin

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

lol at kwin

Mrs xjw aka calamityjane collects Swavarsky figurines. (Actually I buy them, she dusts them) The collection has grown to the point that I have to take out extra insurance.

We used to collect the "Endangered Species" plates until the kids were fighting one day and "bumped" into the hutch and all $3000.00 worth of plates came crashing down.

I should of known better. They were truly endangered species.

• Golf
    Golf

It's not the type Solomon had in mind when he said, "...rejoice with the wife of your youth...Let her own breasts/jugs intoxicate you at all times." Prov.5:19 Guest77

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dave,

Do you mean Swarovski? The reason I ask is that Claire loves crystal figurines and I've recently purchased her two for Christmas.

Otherwise, I guess I collect anything connected to Buddhism - especially rupas (Buddha figures).

Ian

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Nice collection Englishman . . .the jugs look to be in great shape.

I pick up a few things here and there, I have leather "bag" (like a pilot's bag) from the 20's where I keep a Kodak Brownie camers (looks like a box) a small handcrank doodad that will turn 2-3 icecubes into chipped ice ( no idea how old it is ) a small stack of Playboy magazines from the 60''s, a small one cup Expresso maker ( again no idea the age ) and a few more odds and ends ( old baseball cards, other stuff)

• Simon
    Simon

Nice jugs !

fnar, fnar (Finbar Saunders)

• prophecor
    prophecor

They certainly got my attention!!!!

• teejay
    teejay

What a let-down. Not what I expected at all. Shame on you, E-man!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

nice collection Eman !!

In addition to all the other "stuff" I collect- I also collect stoneware jugs. Here are a few of the ones I have:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit