Dec KM

by mann377 21 Replies latest jw friends

• little witch
    little witch

Any city or town will bend over backwards to gain a convention of most any sort. People have to eat, shit, and sleep. This is big business and essential to the economic growth of any city....

The wtbts is quite aware of this...it gains them public noteriety,free advertisment, recognition, and economic clout. Simple...

• minimus
    minimus

HEY LW----GOOD TO SEE YA!

• little witch
    little witch

Good to "see" you as well, my friend! Hope all is well with you and yours!

Dee

• Poztate
    Poztate
    This going to only "approved" hotels appears to have become a great deal to the Watchtower, particularly in the last 10 or so years.

It's all about the money.They try to tell you that they get "special rates" by booking complete hotels and motels.

I had my suspicions about a "special room rate" a few years ago for the summer assembly. A few weeks later over the phone I tried to book the VERY SAME ROOM and was given the exact same room rate without trying for the dub price. I don't know if this happens everywhere but it looked like the WT was getting kickbacks on the rooms.I am sure that would not be a suprise to many on this board.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

much better, I can read it. can you post the other pages?

Mrs Jones

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They want the friends to start planning for the convention "now" more than six away. What are they nuts! I think that the writers of this article have some very strong delusions about the convention saying that Jehovah is providing it. I really wonder what the percentage of the KM readers really feel this way about conventions? Perhaps 1% or 2%?

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Godly Obedience?!?!

And by "Godly" they really mean the wts.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Don't you know that they get a monetary kick-back for booking these rooms?

I never thought of that. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Kwin

• Dansk
    Dansk

Speaking of monetary kickbacks: http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

Bruce Baker is a really great guy. We've spoken on the 'phone a few times. What Watchtower has done to his family is vile - and all because Bruce is a genuinely honest guy who doesn't like people getting ripped off. Watchtower didn't want the rank and file to know that it wasn't being charged for parking but that it still charged the rank and file nonetheless. The Watchtower making money? THAT'S all it's interested in!

Ian

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Man, I couldn't read past the first paragraph, it was nauseating to me.

Peace

Brenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit