THE WATCHTOWER HOW LONG DO YOU GIVE IT ????????????

by vitty 77 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Watchtower society, a high control group with a stale sales pitch, will experience either slow (think Dark Ages) or catastrophic (think Soviet Union) decline. How's that for a prophet hedging her bets? Any rate, I am sure it is heading for decline.

<-------------- An intelligent woman who still enjoys the community of fellow Christians. And this board. Not a schmuck. Last I checked.

Gita, are you banking on the host of this house kicking you out for rude behavior? If so, I say now it is for rudeness, not because you hold an alternate opinion from the host.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

jgnat,

Here's rude:

• gdt
    gdt

proves something jgnat, don't worry. ever dog has his day. regards, gdt

• gdt
    gdt

with 1000 more congreations than 03; more hours, publishers, 358,000 more studies and 500,000 more publishers (less dfd; died; left; didn't endure; hurt; etc etc) hardly seems like self-destructing, despite so much exjw wishes. gdt

• gdt
    gdt

Gary, sounds good....and true..cheers, geoff

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Geoff,

Where are you getting these numbers?? I find an increase of 500,000 publishers hard to believe. And exactly how many hours were spent getting those 500,000 new zombies?

I also find it interesting that you list 'hurt' as one of the reasons people leave. Thats quite commendable that you acknowledge that. My question is, when will the GB acknowledge it, and act accordingly. My guess is they never will, thus my handle, No Apologies. They have never apologized for anything, and they never will.

No Apologies

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I have a tendancy to think that because the WT has been so ruthless in its dealing with member who no longer beleive they are God's channel. They have made a lot of enemies. So the internet will be abuzz with lots of information about the WT's cruelty and lies.

As the internet embeds itself in the life of every human being on the planet,,this will spell death to the WT,,it is too late they've made their bed they will have to lay in it. How long will it take??I would say a few decades but I think in 10 years from now(2014) they will have lost 50% of their membership. I see very few new converts in the comming years,,and only the most braindead remaining loyal. Disappointments over the end not comming and hardships on the friends that have followed the WT's advice to not get involved with the world and seeking first the Kingdom (their interest). Sould cause many to miss meetings and be bored at meetings they attend.

• xochsi
    xochsi
    Look at the USA for gods sake ... it's full of religious nut jobs who tune in to Benny Hinn and ring in with their credit card numbers ...

(not so) Great (anymore) Britain has its share of religious nutjobs as well. Do we recall the Brittish missionaries and their zaney antics?

The name fundamentalist was coined in 1920 to designate those "doing battle royal for the Fundamentals." Also figuring in the name was The Fundamentals, a 12 volume collection of essays written in the period 1910 - 15 by 64 British and American scholars and preachers. Three million copies of these volumes and the founding of the World's Christian Fundamentals Association in 1919 gave sharp identity to fundamentalism as it moved into the 1920s.

. . . and science has never had its frauds either.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Simon! You might be surprised but hundreds of thousands of scientists are also religious. Most are of the more tolerant liberal persuasion, but none-the-less they are "believers". Not all that are educated in hard sciences come the the conclusion that the universe is the result of billions of happy accidents.

carmel of the "believing scientist" class

• Beans
    Beans

Only Jehovah really knows this answer, hopefully we will see you in armageddon!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.Watchtower.ca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit