THE WATCHTOWER HOW LONG DO YOU GIVE IT ????????????

by vitty 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

Also, WTS is different form many other religions, because it has set a serious doctrinal trap for itself. The monopoly on power and theological interpretation the FDS class has emphasised for so long now has turned out to be a shot in the foot. THe big greedy snake is eating its own tail now. The Brooklyn gerontocrats have only managed to transfer the corporate power but not the right to exegesis.

So the organization is on the brink of a serious shake-up. And if you add up other factors, such as rapid information exchange, general disillusionment among witnesses, poor statistics and a few recent scandals...

In a few years time a lot of JWs may wake up and say "Hey, so who is the FDS class now?" "And why exactly are some of the other sheep more equal than some other sheep of the other sheep?".

Of course, those who are braindead anyway will believe anything they are told. But those who want an excuse will get a very good one. Think how much of an excuse to slow down or fade the UN scandal was for many dubs. Think how much of an excuse the disappearing of the FDS may be.

• Simon
    Simon

Like the poor, the religious will always be with us. I don't think the WTS will disappear any-time soon. We may wish it gone and it probably won't survive as it is without changing ... but it will probably still be here. It's the nature of the beast.

Look at the USA for gods sake ... it's full of religious nut jobs who tune in to Benny Hinn and ring in with their credit card numbers ...

If religion teaches us anything its there isn't one born every minute ... there are thousands. All willing to be schmucks and taken advantage of.

It truly is the "opium of the people" and whatever proof and evidence there is that something is a pile of cobblers, there will be thousands who will sign up to it.

We are simultaneously the most advanced species on the planet and the dumbest.

• JH
    JH

I would rather see the WTS change for the best, rather than disappear.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Simon,

I realize that I am stating somethnig that goes against your opinion, and therefore this post will probably be deleted, redacted, or soemthing will be done to my account, but your statements comparing all religious people to schmucks is obtuse and frankly stupid. If you don't want to be religious fine, but don't insult most of the inhabitted world.

Jonathon Grimes

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

It's a self serving cult that preys on the weak and vunerable - it'll last for absolutely ages!

• rune
    rune

Never.

Why?

Because for everyone that leaves, more gullible / depressed / lost people are suckered into the cult to replace them. It's sad but, I don't think the Witnesses are ever going to go away. And if there's anything important we should do in life, it's learn from our mistakes - wishing things away won't make a difference. Then again, in places like Russia, we might see a complete ban of the Witnesses in time because of the strong influence of the Russian Orthodox church. Nonetheless, even if the Witnesses were to disappear, there would still be other religious organizations that do the same thing around.

Some people are just sheep looking to be herded around...

• Simon
    Simon
    I realize that I am stating somethnig that goes against your opinion, and therefore this post will probably be deleted, redacted, or soemthing will be done to my account,

Well, you have proved that you can talk bollocks but then I already knew that. The fact is that I'm very tollerant. Bleat on all you want, the fact that you are here posting at all after all the crap you have said about me proves that I am right and you are a wanker.

but your statements comparing all religious people to schmucks is obtuse and frankly stupid. If you don't want to be religious fine, but don't insult most of the inhabitted world.

Religion is a drug, pure and simple. Devotees are junkies.

Give me a reason why a sane, reasoning person with some sound knwoledge of science and history would be religious?

They are almost always ignorant or stupid people or those in need of some sort of 'crutch' in their life.

IMO

• Simon
    Simon

Some more alternatives ...

They just haven't found reality yet (probably due to upbringing) or they like the system and see it as something they can expoit when they otherwise wouldn't get anywhere in life (kind of like middle-managers, you know the sort).

The fleecees and the fleecers.

I have no problem with the people who need a crutch getting a crutch but I think society could help them in better ways than dangling some butty belief about invisible people and fantasy lands.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

The Watchtower will never change because they can't give up the 1914 doctrain. That organization is built on the 1914 doctrain.

they have it fixed now so they don't have to cover up for it anymore.It is run by Apostates.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

As I write this, the Watchtower is slowly crumbling. I doubt there will be any mass exodus. There are a few factors that will influence this.

1. Longtime members are getting tired of waiting for the end times to come

2. The Internet is becoming more accessible worldwide

3. The young people are becoming more education driven.

This will slowly put them in the decline. One of the problems with the Watchtower Society is that they are an outdated cult. Modern day cults are technology oriented with scifi related teachings. Unless the Society makes some major changes, they will continue the decline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit