Celine Dion - Go Away!

by hillary_step 56 Replies latest social entertainment

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    Well she's doing something right..

I guess you may be right....Why else would she be one of the most imitated performers by Drag Queens???!!! She's right up there with Babs, Bette, and Judy...

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm missing your point ohio.. Who cares? She's rich and famous! I'll take several MILLION dollars in my bank account if it means a few drag queens want to imitate me!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SP,

Well she's doing something right.. she's rich and famous. Maybe ya'll are just jealous.

You are absolutely right....about the 'jealous' thing I mean.... Did you know that Sir Laurence Olivier died with an estate worth around $500,000 while Jim Carey is worth close to $20,000,000.

HS

• Mulan
    Mulan

I like her very much, but I do wonder about why she has to make SO MUCH money. Sometime, wouldn't you think she would say "I've made enough money, so let's make the tickets affordable for the average person."

We were in Vegas in September and the lowest price seats for her show were over $100. A seat anywhere other than the nosebleed section is over $200. That part is what I don't understand.

Of course, her aged husband has a pretty bad gambling problem, so maybe that's it.

I agree, she was taken from her family much too soon. In many ways she seems very childlike.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

lol this thread is more entertaining than any music! I appreciate the sentiments expressed in her singing as well as the humor here, it's all good!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Celine needs to honor her instrument.......

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Mulan,

Of course, her aged husband has a pretty bad gambling problem, so maybe that's it.

lol...You make being 'aged' sound like a disease worse than gambling addiction. God....maybe it is.

HS

• Makena1
    Makena1

Can't remember who is was on SNL that imitated Celine, but it was a hoot. "I am the greatest singer in the world" while hitting herself in the chest with her fist.

celine - IMHO - time to move aside and quietly spend your millions.

• bisous
    bisous
    Celine needs to honor her instrument.......

hey hill you aren't the only one who can be a smart ass....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I just wonder about Canada... it really is a 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory' kind of thing.

Bryan Adam; classic American rock until he started writing with Mutt Lange, and then "Everything he do smells of Poo".

Alanis Morrisette; say no more.

Joni Mitchell; one of the best lyricists of all time. But she thinks she invented music.

Neil Young; I love him, but I agree with him when he says that anyone who likes all hius albums must be mad...

And (honk honk) the Canadian Goose.

Sod North Korea; we need to worry about the proliferation of Canadians of Mass Destruction!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit