Giving account to God

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If one day, you had to give account to God for your spiritual inactivity, what would you say?

• franklin J
    franklin J

What God?..... Zeus? Jupiter? Ahura Mazda? Rah?Yahweh? ....Take your pick....

They all ruled powerful empires and set the standard for civilizations passed and present....

By whose standard would we be judged "inactive"?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    what would you say?

sorry!

• JH
    JH
    By whose standard would we be judged "inactive"?

By either one, call him the God of the bible

• JH
    JH

I would say, " I wasn't able to find an honest religion that seemed just and loving".

But I would say, I did my best to be a good person with the tools I had.

• franklin J
    franklin J

"...the Bible???!!!" Why not the Koran? Or the Egyptian Book of the Dead? Or the Bagad Davita?...how about Romulus and Remus and the she-wolf?

My apologies if I offend, JH; but I do not view the Bible as an absolute Truth. My negative experiences as a JW wiped it all away.

The Bible ( Hebrew and Greek scriptures; both old and new testaments) may be the religious corner stone of the Western Civilization as we know it; but it is only one of the Sacred Writings throughout history. Many Civilizattons and cultures ARE NOT based on this book. How could it possibly represent everyone?

But To theTopic; the old testament shows an angry warlike god; the new tesatament a loving nurturing caring god. Personally, I would rather be judged by the new tesatment god. I suppose I would say I was sorry; partake of Christ' and be forgiven my "original sin".

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Not being a smart - ass, but what exactly do you mean by "spiritual inactivity"?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

We are all active. We eat, sleep, work, play, etc. So there's nothing to account for. If "God" requires something more, then he should make this known to us through a source that has some credibility.

Walter

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sorry for all the time I wasted with that book printing company masquerading as a religion, but I'm undoing that mess as fast as I can!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I'd be one scared puppy.

I hope I could at least stammer out a request for an explanation about how he/she/it/they could allow all the terrible things to happen to innocent people. (reference the baby whose mother cut off its arms, leading to its death)

Assuming the explanation was a good one, I hope I could further ask why such an obvious and important question hasn't been properly addressed anywhere. No answer anyone's shown me has been adequate to explain why anyone with the power to keep terrible things from happening should refuse to do so. ("That's just life, Man," says my industrial-strength Christian neighbor.)

In reality, I'd probably just pass out from shock and wake up in Hell. Maybe open a souvenir shop...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit