Giving account to God

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Setting aside all religious and scriptural works...

Been there, and done that.
    In a profound sense of awe all that could be said (on caving knees) was "Lord!".

Then came the rush of "forgive me", "help me", "thank you"'s!....
    Now I still repeat that list, with special emphasis on the "thank you", because just as I didn't need to do anything to "sin", He did all that was required to remove that "sin". My only substantial question is "why for me?"

• groovycat.
    groovycat.

SH*T; you're real??

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Please judge me Lord. We can always be sure it will be just, no matter what WE think of ourselves.

(Shaking head) What a wonderful thing and I must concur. That I might believe myself "righteous" is irrelevant, for ALL have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. That I might believe myself "unworthy," is irrelevant, for God shows mercy to whomever He wishes to show it... sinner though such one may be. What then? "Those IN UNION with Christ... have no condemnation." How so? "Remain in union with me, and I in union with you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can you, unless you remain in union with me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He that remains in union with me, and I in union with him, this one bears much fruit; because apart from me you can produce nothing at all." "If you remain in union with me and my sayings remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it will take place for you." And how does one "remain in union" with Christ? By observing/obeying his commandments. What "commandments"? "I am giving you a NEW commandment, that you LOVE one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love ONE ANOTHER. By this ALL will know that you are my disciples, if you have LOVE among yourselves." "These things I COMMAND you, that you LOVE one another." "Just as the Father has loved me and I have loved you, REMAIN IN MY LOVE." "If you observe my commandments, you WILL remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of hte Father and remain in his love." "Most truly I say to you, UNLESS YOU EAT THE FLESH OF THE SON OF MAN... AND DRINK HIS BLOOD... you have NO life in yourselves. He that feeds on MY flesh and drinks MY blood... HAS EVERLASTING LIFE... and I SHALL resurrect him at the last day..." "He that FEEDS ON MY FLESH AND DRINKS MY BLOOD... remains in union with me... and I in union with him." "ALL things you wish men to do to YOU... you likewise MUST do to THEM." "You must love God... with your WHOLE heart, your WHOLE mind, your WHOLE soul and your WHOLE strength... and you must love your NEIGHBOR... as yourself." "LOVE your enemies... and PRAY for those persecuting you... that you may PROVE yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens..." May it be... for you and your entire household, dear WizeUp... just as you have said, if you so wish it. And may the undeserved mercy and kindness of my God and Father, the Most Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the peace of His Son and Christ, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you! I bid you the greatest of love and peace! Your servant and a slave of Christ, SJ

• rune
    rune

First I'd say, "God, why am I talking to you? After all I know you're just made up in my head."

Then I'd shrug and remember the chance of there being a God is filed away in the countless possibilities of what could be in this universe...not even worth considering over others, just because lots of people believe in him doesn't really add weight to the idea. Lots MORE people are hindus and buddhists, but you don't see me adopting their ideas as my own either

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

If one day, you had to give account to God for your spiritual inactivity, what would you say?

- Bollocks!!

• formerout
    formerout

If one day, you had to give account to God for your spiritual inactivity, what would you say?

I'd say, "God what are you talking about? Spiritual inactivity? What is that? You haven't even told me what "spiritual activity" is, so how can you accuse me of being INactive? I'm just trying to treat all of your other beings and objects in this world nicely. That's good enough for me. By the way, can you turn this water in my water cooler into wine, please? Thanks!!!"

Brad

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I would sorry, "Sorry God. I wasn't aware that I was spiritually inactive. Through my interperetations of the Bible it seems that your son never gave any indications that you HAD to belong to any organized religion. Just that you professed faith in him and that you had love for others. I mean, jeez God, wasn't the thief on the cross next to your son saved simply through an act of professing his faith? What was his spiritual state? Active or inactive? Not to sound too haughty or presumptuous Lord but if that's good enough for him...shouldn't it be good enough for everyone else?"

• Satanus
    Satanus

JH

Spiritual activity implies action w or of a spiritual nature. An altered state of mind is necesary except for people who are in a steady state of awareness, such as james thomas. Anyways, spiritually i am quite active. How about you?

S

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I would also add to my accounting to God that if the gift of life is given freely and CANNOT be earned then what does it matter what my activity is, as long as I accept your sons sacrifice on my behalf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit