Anyone raised a Witness and broke free?

by rune 40 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Welcome! I was raised by Witness parents. I stood on my first dirty street corner trying to sell Watchtowers to strangers for a nickel when I was 7 years old. I left when I was 30 in 1974 when I saw the year text for 1974.

Maybe some day you will look at theism itself. It was tough for me to figure the box out from the inside. Best wishes. GaryB

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Watcha and welcome.
    Born and bred JW, DA'd at 18 for smoking and in the next 20yrs never looked back since.
    It's a wonderful world, don't let no fundy christian cult spoil it for you.

Si

• Gill
    Gill

Me and my husband were both born into the truth and in it until the last few years. Even though we'd faded we hadn't completely broken free from it's grasp because we hadn't learned the 'truth about the truth'.

Then, one day, my mom said to me, 'whatever you do, don't go on those terrible internet sites that the apostates have. The brothers were saying last night that the internet says that all Jehovah's Witnesses are paedophiles and all kinds of other terrible things.'

I went straight home and on the 'net'.

Even after all those years of fading I had not dared to read so called 'apostate' materials.

Thanks Mom!

Now wer're really free!

Thanks Gary Buss and JWD. Me and my husband sit and read these postings some evenings and the kids rush in to find out what we're laughing about so much!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Rune,dude there are alot of dub kids on this board.Some are young and just starting out like you,others are senior citizens.Regardless of age we all have one thing in commen,we were raised dub kids...OUTLAW

• prophecor
    prophecor

Gill spells it out very well, were it not for the courage it took to look into the forbidden zone of what were called apostate sites, I would never have found any relief from the venomous teaching of the WTBTS. Freedom comes at great cost and once found, you need to maintain it. It may be a little scary at times, many here , however, will truly try to help you cross the bridge.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My entire family (with the exception of an uncle's family I've seen like a dozen times) are JW's. My aunt is 'annointed', and a little mad. Both my brothers and my dad are elders. He's been in since the 1940's.

I married a JW, but I left my wife and the Dubs at 27, 11 years ago.

It's been fun. And I know with confidence they have no 'truth', and are a harmful organisation for all their seeming inoffensiveness. I know have my own life, and I like me.

My daughters (who live with their mum, an inactive dubbie now) are already both very clear (ages 14 and almost 12) that they want nothing to do with it.

Good luck and good to see you here.

• one
    one

power point?

this guy is a real apostate!

when are we going to watch the presentation?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was raised in the madness but for much of my growing up years my parents were spiritually weak and when my friends started getting baptised we childern were never pressed to do so. I left in my early twenties cuz i knew i could never comform to the jw way of thinking about the world. My siblings never got baptised either and are living productive lives.

I wish i could say my upbring among the jws doesnt affect my life now but in some aspects (making friend, being afraid to reach out, being afraid to start my own business, doubting my worth and skills and even lovability) it still does.

Going to church there last few months has really helped me and have somewhat me feel better about myself and my place in this world.

Mrs Jones

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Yeah! Any interest in sharing your powerpoint presentation with us???

• rune
    rune

hahaha... I have read all your replies. You are great people. If anyone is interested in seeing my presentation slides, message me with an e-mail or instant message me on Yahoo! or MSN.

Yahoo: dan_someone2005

MSN: [email protected]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit