Can JWs EAT Blood?

by Marvin Shilmer 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, that's it!!!! I'm going out to buy some Blood Sausage and Blood Pudding!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

drwtsn32 writes:

Eating blood doesn't put it back into your circulatory system. It is not the same thing as a cell-saver device or a transfusion. But no, eating blood is not allowed. Every reasonable effort is to be made to avoid eating blood.

I agree that transfusion and eating are not the same thing. However, the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, Inc. disagrees.

The WTS teaches JWs that transfusion and eating are essentially the same thing. Since the WTS requires JWs to respect JWs who accept infusion of their own blood via a cell saver machine then the WTS has no option but to require JWs to respect JWs who eat their own blood via a cell saved machine. Do you disagree?

Marvin Shilmer

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Awwwwwwww, pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssse, you've got too much idle time in your hands!

DY

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Marvin,

Good to see you!

Several years back, a quote was put up on jwd where the WTBTS directly quoted a doctor who said that a blood transfusion was the same type of operation as an organ transplant, because human blood is considered an organ of the body.

I couldn't believe how some WT writer was so stupid as to allow that in print - because we all knew that organ transplants were allowed! The writer cut off the quote in the wrong place with the infamous *...*

And then Maximus called me on my post. "Stupid. (didn't say it, but meant it.) The WTBTS allowed that little quote in that magazine so that if they ever had to go to court for encouraging death/murder/suicide......they would use that quote and say "See? We've always allowed freedom of beliefs."

Of course, when I was a jw, I never saw that little quote. And I read more than the average jw.

I once read where all live transplants (hearts, liver, skin, valves, etc) - have some blood in them........because that's where the life really is. All transplants until the middle 70's were considered "eating one's own/or another person's body." Then that teaching changed - and it's allowable.

So, jw's have been eating human body parts & blood for decades now, with the WTBTS's permission. JW's now can now injest their own blood if they want (and that's what they referred to when the first blood recycling machines came out).

And the WTBTS has ALWAYS referred to a blood transfusion as the SAME as "drinking" - "Does it matter to an alcoholic whether he drinks the liquor, or shoots it into his veins?"

waiting

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

A good howdy do to you, waiting!

You see with clear vision.

The irony of all this is in the WTS' own policy and teaching! The WTS preaches to the world that JWs abstain from donor blood knowing perfectly well that JWs use from donor blood all the time. If that is insufficiently backwards, for good measure, the WTS promotes a policy that--according to its teaching--has JWs eating their own blood and with a second breathe says JWs would never think of eating blood! Imagination is inadequate to concoct a more bizarre and dishonest teaching!

To know unsuspecting children die prematurely over this bloody WTS teaching is enough to make a sane person spit in disgust.

Marvin Shilmer

• MySuperSecret
    MySuperSecret

No Blood in surgery results in saving more lives then not. People die from complications from blood transfusion more then they like to admit. FAR more people die because of blood transfusions then will ever die because of NOT having blood tansfusions. As for those children, well thankfully there getting ressurected.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The above post by MySuperSecret is total, unadulterated, bullshit. It's a lie perpetuated by Jehovah's Witnesses to make them feel good about a doctrine that kills people.

Blood transfusions save lives. Simple, undisputable FACT.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

SuperSecret,

More die from blood than die from lack of it? Can you point to a reference for that statistic?

Of course, the blood doctrine is not a medical one, but a scriptural one. It doesn't matter a whit if blood transfusions are the single most dangerous procedure on the planet, nor does it matter if they DO cost more lives than they save (I seriously doubt that). The question is, Does the God of the Bible forbid his servants from accepting one?

Any medical argument is a red herring.

Dave

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

MySuperSecret writes:

?No Blood in surgery results in saving more lives then not. People die from complications from blood transfusion more then they like to admit. FAR more people die because of blood transfusions then will ever die because of NOT having blood tansfusions. As for those children, well thankfully there getting ressurected.?

Other than the biblical hope of resurrection, would you care to prove your claims above?

As for children and resurrection, I have no reason to doubt Jehovah will also resurrect the unsuspecting children that parents sacrificed the lives of at the behest of religious teachers. Do you think that fact lessens the bloodguilt of the religious leaders that taught the sacrificial course of action??Details at Jeremiah 7:31

Marvin Shilmer

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Mysupersecret,

Welcome, we have not corresponded yet. I hope you are as sincere as I was when I came here. If so, I implore you to stick around, present what you know and share. There is much to learn here. If you are not sincere, well, you will not accomplish much. But welcome anyway.

BTW, what is you "supersecret"?

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit