Can JWs EAT Blood?

by Marvin Shilmer 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Can JWs EAT Blood?

Scenario:
    A JW is bleeding. His blood is captured and put back into his body.

Was this JWs blood captured with his mouth or with a cell saver machine?

Marvin Shilmer

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

The rules on blood are handed down by Watchtower in Brooklyn supposedly by some guys who have a direct but fuzzy link to Jehovah. Because this link is a fuzzy one it has lead to the precise rules being changed several times over the decades.

Perhaps somene else here would now what messages the "faithful and discreet slave" are getting from Jehovah now?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In first grade I was starting to loose some of my baby teeth. My teacher got tired of my playing with a loose tooth and sent me to the nurse. The nurse looked at my tooth for a moment and then reach in an plucked it out.

I knew my mom said that I was not supposed to eat blood so I tried to run to the sink to spit the blood out but the nurse held me in place and gave me a "post tooth pulling" lecture. Just a loooong list of do's and don'ts

I sat their eyeballing the sink as my mouth became more and more blood filled.

After a few minutes the nurse looked at me funny and asked me to say something... but I wouldn't. This just pissed her off and she started fussing at me about respecting adults and doing what they say.... bla... bla... bla.....

My mouth filled to the bursting point at which I bolted to the sink and spat out a mouthful of blood. This, of course, horrified the nurse. Then she started on a rant about how I should have TOLD her I needed to spit.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, Elsewhere

I guess now we know that you could capture your own blood with your mouth with something like a straw and you'd be A OKAY with the WTS! I suppose for good measure you could write "cell saver" on the straw!

Marvin Shilmer

• toreador
    toreador

Yes, but with a cell saver machine it is first cleaned by filtering before it is injected back into the veins. Drinking blood is not quite the same thang.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think I understand it. JWs can eat ("take in"?) blood incidentally but they can't do it primarily...That's why they can eat blood-saturated red meat that's not properly bled but yet they are to "abstain from" any trace of transfused blood because that wouldn't be incidental. Well maybe I don't quite understand it.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Toreador writes:

Yes, but with a cell saver machine it is first cleaned by filtering before it is injected back into the veins. Drinking blood is not quite the same thang.

That?s easy to solve. Just place the infusion tube in the mouth instead of the vein! Most people prefer their food cleaned, anyway.

Marvin Shilmer

• toreador
    toreador

LOL, yes, you do have a good point. I never did like the taste of dirty blood. How does a JW rationalize that one out though?

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

toreador writes:

LOL, yes, you do have a good point. I never did like the taste of dirty blood. How does a JW rationalize that one out though?

They can?t!

The more anyone thinks about the WTS' doctrinal position on blood the more stupidity a person finds!

I guess this is the way JWs can have their blood and eat it too!

Marvin Shilmer

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Eating blood doesn't put it back into your circulatory system. It is not the same thing as a cell-saver device or a transfusion. But no, eating blood is not allowed. Every reasonable effort is to be made to avoid eating blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit