Are You Surprised As To How You Are Now That You're Out of The "Truth"?

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"Intolerance" is the right of every cult. "Ignorance", too.

• lawrence
    lawrence

One elder said I would be better off dead, another said I would die within a month with a "needle in my arm and a quart of whiskey by my bed" after I said goodbye to pioneering and the congos. What negative beasts - but I once was one too. I just published my latest collection of poetry and I have never felt better. That's until I read the Bible Code and they have the next year coming with smallpox, revolution, insurrection, and Ron Artest's newest rap CD, "I bust em up in the Motor City."

• minimus
    minimus

WOW Lawrence! These guys were intense.

• kitties_and_horses_oh_my!
    kitties_and_horses_oh_my!

I am a million times happier. My life isn't driven by guilt but by joy. I'm off of anti-depressants and feel calm and peaceful most of the time.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I'm friendlier, and life is just fine.

DY

• Sassy
    Sassy

Yeah.. I remember when I told a friend a year ago that I was stopping my JW activities.. she told me I was wicked and probably had aids and might as well kill myself. She even recommended I do it right (since I had a failed suicide attempt two yrs earlier) this time.

Its so funny, because I have never been happier in my life than I am right now.. how wrong she was.. haven't had a suicidal thought since leaving the WTS.. I have real friends in my life and a man who loves me.. My children now that I am out, are returning in my life..

what more could I ask for?

• Swan
    Swan

No, not surprised. I knew when I left how much better my life would be, and it is. Every year at Thanksgiving I reflect on all the things that I am grateful for since I left the JWs.

What surprised me was the degree of how good it is! I knew my life would be much better, but I had no idea it would be this great! It's like waking up from a coma and really living for the first time.

Tammy

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE hearing how our lives have actually improved because we've left the Witness mentality. We even physically and mentally have improved....Good!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The best part is I feel so much LIGHTER! Does anyone else feel like that?

That's how I feel, too. I think it's because, among other reasons, we no longer have to JUDGE people. Being judgmental, which is what being a JW is all about, is really hard work and it wears you out.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I'm healthier mentally, spiritually and physically. I'm more relaxed less stressed....I'm also frendlier and more outgoing. I find that I am more open to different view points, I"m less negative about the world. And was mentioned by some other posters it's sooooo wonderful to get up on a weekend morning and let the day unfold a little coffee and breakfast, read the paper go for a run.....no worries....

Freedom:

What shocks me more is the fact that my elder dad and gung ho mom are both out!
    I'm still waiting for that to happen :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit