HELP!! Trying to find right religion brough up as JW

by emmamess22 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Ross, The journey can be extremely frustrating. Things can come up that you never knew existed.

First Ross, I don't "believe" anything. I have come to a place where what was once believed must be seen or realized first hand or not at all. I don't believe that fire is hot, I know it is. There is a difference. One is concept, the other is the real and actual experience of being burnt. I have found that a significant step towards Truth is to let go of all beliefs about it.

Which brings us to "Christ". There was a time, not so long ago, when I looked upon Christ as my Master. However, I came to notice that my sense of Christ was also sensed as OTHER. There was me, and then over there somewhere was Christ; two separate entities. It was as if my sense of Christ was now reinforcing duality. My sense of Christ was supporting the sense that I was a tiny entity that had much work to do, hoops yet to jump through, and that I was NOT already Home. Also my sense of Christ as an entity was reducing the Divine down to a thing or object. Some thing small and distant, as compared to the infinite Allness and Truth of all Being.

So, I no-longer look to some form called Christ, but instead look deeper into the actual moment of being without boundaries, or separations of any kind. I still may use the word "Christ" in reference to our true Being. But why give it any name at all? Why reduce it to a thing namable or to form at all? Why play along with the minds habit of reductionism and fragmentation? Perhaps we hold on to our Christ, because it is familiar tradition and knowable. I have discovered that Truth is not knowable as a mind created form and things are knowable. Truth, is too big; too awesome. Perhaps the Christ is discovered in the absence of all naming, in the absence of "Christ". It is what is here in the absence of all interpretations, and in the absence of any one other than.

j

• mouthy
    mouthy

There was me, and then over there somewhere was Christ; two separate entities. It was as if my sense

Dear JamesThomas. I read your comment above & feel that is the problem!!!! We are supposed to be ONE with Christ.He is not OVER there -HE is IN HERE!!!! In your heart!!! Have you invited HIM in???? If HE is over there to you- He would LOVE to be invited WITHIN>>>( stop throwing that boot at me Jimmy!!!!)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Well put Grace.
    Christ in you, the hope of glory!
    United as one body with Christ.

James:
    I do believe (there we go again ) that I understand where you are coming from.
    I see no separation, hence my question about who looks out of the eyes.

At the end of the day, if we're going to rip it right back to existentialism, we might state that we all believe something. It's a human condition. Seeing a lifelike projection of flame might cause you to think something was hot when it was not...

Hence my comment about skins forming.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Grace,

Perhaps I do not express myself very well. Farther up this thread I said to Gumby "It's staring us in the face and looking out your beady little eyes". What was being referred to in this little statement you could call "Christ". However, my view of God is no longer reduced to, or restricted to a name or title which points to or designates a form, being or entity separate from all else. For I have found that if I create or engrave in my mind an idea of one thing, person or entity/deity which is more holy, more divine and far above all else, all I have really done is reduce and diminish God everywhere else in the universe. To have one little high point, the rest of the entire universe must be less. Quite a price to pay to have a personal little god. So, I just stopped doing it.

I have never come across a Christian who understands what the hell I am saying. So, just pray for me Grace.

j

• codeblue
    codeblue

James Thomas:

I feel I am a Chrisitian and I understand you and respect you and I think you "get it" better than most people do.

You have a way of expressing yourself and your views are extraordinary....thought provoking, with much thought.

Don't change. I appreciate your posts!

CodeBlue

• gumby
    gumby
    I have never come across a Christian who understands what the hell I am saying. So, just pray for me Grace.

James, Im not a christian and I don't know what the hell your talking about!!!! (I'm saying that with a grin my friend)

Seriously, I do not understand how your understanding gives you any solace. Specific answers are not addressed in your ideaology. Just tell me this this and I'll shut up James.....Who put us and life here, why, and what happens to us at death? Plain and simple........just be specific....pretty please.

Gumby

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This why there are religions,,people are always looking for somebody to give them the answer to lifes mysteries. Well they wouldn't be mysteries if we had an answer. Anbody that claims to have these answers to lifes mysteries has not. At least not what you can put into words,,, any speaking of these things would appear paradoxical just like quantum machanics..

I tend to beleive that some have probed beyound thought and have experienced a higher dimension that may be controling our 4 or 11 take your pick. But I would not be so foolish as to be dogmatic that that is where everything springs from,,this layered process could go on for infinity. And if infinity goes in both directions to infinitly big to infinitly small then we are in the middle no matter where we are.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

CodeBlue,

You are so kind. But please, don't think that anything I say has any meaning besides what you feel when you read it. If you sense anything "extraordinary", it's coming from within you. It's your own innate wisdom.

Gummy,

If we look deep enough within our own sense of being, a far more significant, real and actual identity can be realized. It's as if we believe we are this tiny wave about to be smashed on a rocky shore, and then, discover and clearly see that we really and actually are, the Ocean. The wave exists, but only as an expression of the vast Ocean. "We" exist, but are only an expression of an infinitely vast Consciousness.

We all are That. Everything is That. Beyond all the drama, happiness and terrors of phenomenal existence, our True and Real Identity remains forever untouched and pristine.

This is meaningless when written or spoken; and can even seem cruel to mention in context of all the suffering in the world. As long as there is identity as a tiny entity which was born and will die there is suffering; because the little thing is too fragile and filled with fear not to. However, when Reality is realized, when all is seen for what it really is -- you tell me.

Take the time to really investigate into your own being. Move attention away from the mind and it's grand drama, ego identity and story, and go deeply and alertly into this moment of silent and raw existence, and see. Find what you truly are.

Most never know there is more than what we believe we are; and all anyone else can do for us is point. Embrace the unmoving consciousness looking out those eyes and shift it's gaze into Itself.

j

• wizedup
    wizedup

If you believe the bible contains the answers for you, I suggest you start with Micah 6:8 " He has told you O earthling man, what is good. And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest walking with your God."

God has not changed. Walk slowly, smell the roses and feel the breezes. Be appreciative. He'll direct from there.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Sweet James Thomas (((((HUG))) I understand you very well my love!!

But since you asked I am going to put you on my very long prayer list....As I believe "More things are wrought by prayer that this world dreams " ( forget again who said it!!!!)
    But I also Know that ALL my prayers dont get answered the way I want.... So do me a favor & ask HIM to LISTEN to me!!!!

I believe he answers the prayers of the rightoues And that I "aint" !!!!

But I do believe HE has a place for me in Paradise where ever he is making it...... Because he promised it.... To ALL who care to listen ( runs quick from the room before Gumby reads my reply)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit