HELP!! Trying to find right religion brough up as JW

by emmamess22 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

In 1995, the wt changed its thinking on the generation of 1914. In 1995, they said that it was not the generation of 1914 that would see armageddon. It could be any generation. These articles are available.

During my christian phase, the enterpretation that ended up making the most sense was what is called preterist. In that view, all was fulfilled on jerusalem and the jews around that time. Armageddon was the jerusalem destruction in 70. All finished, all accomplished. After all, the bible is a book written and compiled by jews for jews. Final fulfillment on jews seems logical. But, don't take my word for it. Why not check out the preterist perspective?

S

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome emmamess

I looked at your thread with great interest. I thought about this while I was walking my cute dog this morning, I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately.

I have been raised a JW and lived it for 36 years....Upon finding the real truth about the truth(tm)...I actually asked the same question you just did.

It is because as JW's, we neatly had every answer arranged. That is a comfort zone beyond comfort.

I still have a personal relationship with God, but I don't believe in organized religion. (Imho)

My religion is MY personal relationship with God (Jehovah).....I don't need a religion with a "name" to tell me how to have that relationship, when I have the Bible as my guide. I am NOT a spiritual babe anymore!

Living my life and showing true love to God, neighbor and family is more important than having a named religion attached to my soul.

Take care and keep posting!

CodeBlue

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the group. The Wt had one thing right ( I think) & that was religion is wrong!!!!!)

But I have a relationship with the God of love- Whom I believe is Jesus. I Believe HIS Father ( I dont call him Jehovah) Told us to listen to his son. That is what I do... I can go to any Church ( I do when I want to -just to keep my eye on them ...to point out if they screw up LOL)

I enjoy many of the wonderful friends I have found in every church. I dont go ( only when I want to) because I believe the minit I do go it is imperfect right then. But I listen to what HE said & that was to" love God first & to do unto others & I would like them to do to me..."

• emmamess22
    emmamess22

Thanks all. That was very helpful . I am also starting to think I don't need a MAN to tell me I'm saved or I'm going to make it or anything else. God is the only one who can save me or pull me through it....so I'm going to do it little at a time and thank him every day for what I have (and have not) and do what feels right....thanks.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I am also starting to think I don't need a MAN to tell me I'm saved or I'm going to make it or anything else. God is the only one who can save me or pull me through it....

Right on ! When you think about it, what did all the people do before the JWs.... before 1880's?

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Congrats on coming to this Board emma! You already have found great answers and you will find yourself growing from this day on. Spirituality is a great thing, it is what I believe we all need to get us through the good and bad times. You are so right..you do not need ANYONE controlling you in any direction. Take your time, pray, and with God's help, you will find your own way.

• Flash
    Flash

emmamess22

So, I've been using the reasoning book and reading the bible and trying to decide what's right...

That book is not bad, I'd get an old "Make Sure of All Things Hold Fast to What Is Fine" book off of e-bay, I believe that to be the better choice...less dogma.

Heaven and Hell....the Bible says we'll inherit the "Earth" in a zillion places....so we can't be going to Heaven or Hell.....RIGHT?
    99% Correct. Ecclesiastes 9: 5-10, Psalms 115: 16 and 17
    1. Wouldn't hell just be eternal death (sounds pretty unfun to me) and 2. Hell be where Satan is kept once he's done with? 3. Wouldn't Heaven be the paradise ?
    1. Yes.
    2. No, Hell is a figuer of speech for eternal death/the second death. Revelation 20: 10 and 21: 8
    3. For some humans, not all.
    But I don't know about the 144,000....are they the only ones and the great crowd referenced are merely "in sight" of the throne and not at it?
    The 144,000 represents a small amount of humans that do go to heaven and are part of the heavenly government under Christ Jesus that rule over the earth after Armageddon. Luke 12: 32, Revelation 5: 9, 10 and 20: 6
    1. I don't understand what Armageddon is. 2. Just a big old killing of everyone not a JW!?!?!?!?!
    1. God's war against that part of humanity that will not submit to His authority as God Almighty over them.
    2. I personaly don't believe that, yet, that is what the Witnesses currently teach. Jeremiah 25: 30-33, 2Thessalonians 1: 6-10, Revelation 6:15-17.
    Why would God choose to resurect righteous AND unrighteous at the same time after having killed lots of unrighteous?

The Witnesses believe the resurected UN-righteous are those who never heard the truth about YHWH and the issue of sovereignty. Those terminated at Armageddon will have had the opportunity to make a choice to serve God and did not choose to serve Him. I think their reasoning on this is correct.

1. Why is the JW way the only one that teaches that it wasn't a cross? 2. Is it really wrong to wear one (idolatry?) if we do it for our own symbolism of what it was that was done for us?
    1. In some ways they try to be as accurate and correct as possible...popular or not.
    2. If it wasn't a cross (and I don't believe it was) why wear it? IMO it would just confuse people. If I were to wear anything it would be the name/s of God or His Son (in Hebrew)...that's just me.

Is celebrating the birth of my daughter, whose day was the best ever actually a bad thing? Does that mean the day she was born I should have been like, "Great, who cares...put her in the nursery and hand me the remote control...."

No where in the bible are we commanded NOT to celebrate our day of birth. Even so, the only two clear birthday celebrations recorded are of Pharaoh of Egypt and wicked King Herod, Genesis 40: 20-22 Matthew 14: 6-10. No one who had God's favor is mentioned in the bible as celebrating their birth. Not Noah, not Abraham, not Moses, not David, NOT Jesus, not any of the Apostles...One has to wonder why?

But can't believe in RAPTURE....or can I?

HELP....so torn.

Pray, read and study...pray some more! Best Wishes ~ Flash
  • Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

In some ways they try to be as accurate and correct as possible...popular or not.

Flash are you joking here or what? These are the same people who have been innacurately predicting the end of the world.

• Flash
    Flash

In some ways they try to be as accurate and correct as possible...popular or not.

Flash are you joking here or what? These are the same people who have been innacurately predicting the end of the world.

Yes, they have been trying too hard to date it. Lets not forget, Jesus did teach the End as a reality and stressed our being ready.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Yes, they have been trying too hard to date it. Lets not forget, Jesus did teach the End as a reality and stressed our being ready

Okay I'll not forget that but the thing is I am also not forgetting where the bible speaks of false prohets trying to predict the end of the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit