What Are "Sins" That Are Unique To A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Hey Garyb,
    Maybe you didn't get invited to Bethel because of the Cowboy hat. They probably had a rule not to wear them. What do you think? lol Panther

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hey Panther

I was a bad Witness. I rode my Harley hard tail to the Kingdom Halls. I bought a black 1959 Cadillac and drove that around for 5 years. That bothered more than a few circuit servants. That Caddy made a great service car, though it looked a bit like we broke out of a funeral parade.

Now the KH parking lots are filled with Cadillacs and Lincolns.

I never thought it might be the hat. Maybe I should let them know I don't have a horse??

• toreador
    toreador

Gary, are you impersonating a cowboy? Thats a sin ya know. I wear a cowboy hat sometimes too and I dont have a horse anymore either. I guess we are lost to the world.

• minimus
    minimus

Associating with Witnesses that are considered "weak"......Watching any "R" rated movie.......Not pioneering whenyou KNOW you can

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yup! My hat is just part of one of my many costumes. Apparently I have an eclectic wardrobe gene gone over to the wild side. It's a part of my personality that so many people find especially endearing.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    After meals at Bethel, is there still the mad dash by some to scoop up as many of the leftovers as they can get to?

About 5 years ago we went and ate at Bethel and they did it then. I thought that was quite odd, but, I gave in to the temptation and did it myself too. I stuffed as much as I could into my suit jacket pockets. The pacific salmon we ate made my suit smell, so after a few meeting, the elders suggested I get it cleaned.

Kwin *Always looking for a free meal*

• minimus
    minimus

Kwin, that story sounds "fishy".

• JH
    JH

A JW sin is not putting money in the contribution boxes. Not sharing your car in the field service.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Kwin, that story sounds "fishy"

You caught me trying to be funny . Just trying to add some humour to someone's possibly dull day.

Kwin

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Letting your "mind wander" during the meetings. Ok, you got me. I was thinking about sex, of course, like everyone else there. That zombie look on everyones faces? That's sex on the brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit