Guideposts and Serena Williams

by Triple A 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Oops, I see we cross posted, Triple A:)

"and if she ever gave herself to Rome Brooklyn"

Lol, laughing while my heart is breaking. Tears of a former Brooklyn clown.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Cicatrix, Sorry did not mean to throw salt on any open wounds. Triple A

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

No need to apologise, Triple A, it's good therapy. From time to time I find myself amazed that I could've been so gullible is all.

Perhaps Ms Williams is manifesting her doubts with that article herself. Either that, or she just didn't study enough:)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Blues Brother

but what does she do to make anybody think that she is currently a JW?

I gather that she has spoken of her youthfull exposure to the faith , but that does not make her a Witness. If I were to hazard a guess I would say that they faded years ago and either have been d/ad or simply have no association any more. Please show me if I am wrong.

I know that simply attending the Kingdom Hall on Sunday doesn't explain your current status among Jehovah's Witnesses, but as I posted on another thread a few days ago, my son attended her hall 2 weeks ago Sunday and she was there, in the back, and people were talking to her. I asked my son if she commented during the Watchtower, and he said she did not comment.

So this isn't proof of much, but she was there with her family.

P.S. I always appreciate your comments, Blues Brother!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Really, how as an XJW community can we reach out to her and invite her in?

• Triple A
    Triple A

seeitallclearlynow, does your son know if Serena and/or Venus are baptisted? I would think that it is common knowledge as to who is or is not in the church (sorry Serena's words) congregation. Triple A

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I always thought she was baptized - that was the consensus among the witnesses that I knew. They always wanted to brag that she was a 'sister'. Then during the Olympics in 2000?, when she wrapped the American flag aroiund herself after winning and pranced about the arena, all of a sudden the witnesses that were bragging about her shut up big time - whoda-thunk it?

Jeff

• Triple A
    Triple A

So can anyone with undisputeable knowledge know if either Serena or Venus were batized as one of the Happiest People in the World?

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Sorry Triple A! I'll see what I can come up with from my little "source".

• Triple A
    Triple A

seeitallclearlynow, no problem, this just seems to be a question that no one has been able to answer. Triple A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit