Guideposts and Serena Williams

by Triple A 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shotgun
    shotgun

I like the catchy add...Triple your prayer power Guaranteed...bet they are selling a Megafone

Doh!.... I got punked by a Pinhead.

ps: shotgun, maybe her prayers are why she's smacking balls for a living while you just suck them...
  • bikerchic
    bikerchic

Weird for sure I wonder what her parents thought of it? It just might be the ticket out of the B'org for that whole family when the $#!+ hits the fan with the local Congo over that article. Well at least you can hope so.

I used to subscribe to Guidepost when I was a JW, awe for shame on me but I really liked that publication better than the Asleep! and Crotchtower. My bad!

• Triple A
    Triple A

Thanks Voyager, great scan.

bikerchic would the actions of one JW affect the rest of the families standing? Love your name twisting.

• LDH
    LDH

yeah shotgun, it's like you should "biggie size" your prayer in order for it to work, LOL.

I did see this article and all I could do is shake my head at the double standard. It certainly didn't harken back to the days of old, when teenage and young JW were responsible for waging a JIHAD on the unsuspecting public by condemning non believers to death for 90 hours a month.

I wonder if I had practiced tennis for 90 hours a month?.......

Lisa

• Triple A
    Triple A

Speaking of double standards. If the two links below are examples of a new JW dress code, there will be a lot of signs gong up that say JW women please knock here.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041102/ids_photos_en/r1768202125.jpg

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/041102/ids_photos_en/r3530771616.jpg

• Triple A
    Triple A

Sorry the links do not seem to be working so I am going to paste it here.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    bikerchic would the actions of one JW affect the rest of the families standing? Love your name twisting.

It might if they felt that the local elders treated Serena unfairly and began to shun the rest of the family due to her. I know that is how it was in my area, when one family member screwed up the whole family was marked. But as we know different strokes for different folks nothing seems to be delt with the same way across the board in the B'org.

he,hee on the name twisting!

• Triple A
    Triple A

I was looking throught Serena's article and thought this was kind of strange for a JW.

p36 - The idea - the belief, really - that life is about learning. Not just from school and church....

Isn't church someplace that those controlled by satan go?

• LDH
    LDH

ahh what godly breasts.

Not really. They look like flapjacks.

Lisa

• Triple A
    Triple A

LDH, I agree, somethings would be best left hidden. Triple A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit