Not really. They look like flapjacks.

Lisa

I like flapjacks...with bacon.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

If a tree falls in the forest...

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"The magazine carries a four-page article by Serena Williams. I thought it was an offence against the WTS to read published material by others. What is the WTS stance on writing for other publications?"

It is an offense. Evidentally Ms Williams didn't read the "Interfaith" section in her "Reasoning From the Scriptures" book,lol. If she were Josephine Rank and File, she would be disciplined for this action. It'll be interesting to see how it's handled. Does anyone know if she's baptised or not?

When I was a JW, my grandma gave me a subscriptioin to Guidepost. Because I have a nosy in-law who happens to be the mail person, I had to write to the company and cancel my subscription, lest I be "reported" to the elders. This nosy in-law is not a Witness and in fact hates the Witnesses ,but pretends otherwise while in company of the Witnesses.Due to a family feud of which I involuntarily became a part, this person loved to try to get me in trouble with the elders.They would pretend to be a magazine reader, and when the elder called on them, would tell them crap I was supposedly doing.I wonder why the elder who called on them never figured out what was up when they repeatedly refused to subscribe to the magazines, and wouldn't get into spiritual discussions let alone have a Bible study,but insisted that they continue to bring the magazines to their door,lol.

My grandma, on the other hand, was always very kind about my choice of religion, and never chided me for it, even the times when I was extremely ungracious to her, due to my "Bible training" (gag).She would just continually search for the similarities in our beliefs and talk about those, while ignoring any snotty comments I made regarding her beliefs.I truly believe that when she gave me that gift subscription, her heart was in the right place, trying to celebrate with me our commonalities in belief via an interfaith magazine (she would also accept WT and Awake, but just couldn't see what I valued from them).

Now that I'm out, it angers me that the little men at the top of the organisation turn a blind eye to high profile members doing things like this, while allowing the elders to throw the book at the rank and file. What hypocrites!!Whatever happened to "everyone speaking in agreement"?

My own behavior toward my grandma makes ashamed of myself, too. Well, at least I came to my senses and apologised to my grandma for being such a self-righteous bigot.She accepted my apology, and gave me a huge box of Christmas decorations to celebrate:)

• Panda
    Panda

I saw that photo of Ms."Tennis star" Williams too. Beautiful woman in a gorgeous dress. Only MSN put 2 tennis balls to cover up the breasts. Go figure.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Serena Williams Looks like a Man!

That's all I have to say to that muscle tennis ball sport freak of a sheman!

When I look at her I think There is NO God!

She can thank Jehovah all she wants about her game...... but she need to thank a plastic surgeon who will fix her face!

Things that make you go blahhhhh(as I shiver)

Brooke

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I know I said this the last time I commented on this girl...but what does she do to make anybody think that she is currently a JW?

I gather that she has spoken of her youthfull exposure to the faith , but that does not make her a Witness. If I were to hazard a guess I would say that they faded years ago and either have been d/ad or simply have no association any more. Please show me if I am wrong.

• Triple A
  • Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

" what does she do to make anybody think that she is currently a JW? "

That's what I wanted to know, but everyone is too busy trashing her looks to stick to the issue.

I was wondering if she's baptised or not,or if she even claims to still be associating with the JWs, because we all know things are handled in a different manner if she's not.

• Triple A
    Triple A

Cicatrix the URLs above say that she at one time claimed to be a Jehovah's Witness. I have not found where she is baptised, prehaps one of her elders will post here as to what her current status is and if she ever gave herself to Rome Brooklyn. Triple A

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"A usual matter of contention among Witnesses is whether the Williams sisters are actually Jehovah's Witnesses or not. Their mother certainly is one of us, and has been for years. The father certainly is not. (He often takes cigarrette breaks during the sister's matches.)

Based on Venus' and Serena's own words and actions, the answer is yes. She was asked in a recent interview what her involvement is with Jehovah's Witnesses.

quote:

Venus Williams: Well, we believe -- it's just like tennis. You can't just go once a month and expect your game to be on top. You have to reiterate everything. We believe in good association, association with fellow Witnesses, not becoming too involved with people that don't have the same beliefs and same values that we do. We go to meetings three times a week. They encourage us. You learn there, you learn more, just continue learning until you get a better understanding of things. I guess you are aware that we do house-to-house witnessing. I can't do that at all because I'm on the road. Getting more popular, I don't know if I can go house-to-house. I'm thinking about that."

This was in the freeminds.org link. It has no date, though. The first link also had a quote stating she's a JW, but the date is 2002. I wonder how old the freeminds article is. I wonder if she still feels the same (lots of youngsters fade or quit). Evidentally until recently, she considered herself JW, and most likely the public does still.

It'll be interesting to see how things are handled.

Btw, thanks for the links, Triple A .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit