It's happening, the anger and depression are taking over

by Tim Horton 33 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Mrs tim! i'm sorry i just now seen this post.. or i would have replied sooner.

my advice..... be very very careful what your angry about. you admit to PTS (which i have too) and it can really overwhelm you and things you'd normally just be " irritated" about you become FURIOUS about. so stepping back and thinking " is this worth all this anger" or " is my anger towards my husband in proportion to what he did", will help.

Research PTS online, READ.. it can help your brain create paths to reasoning that otherwise you may not have.

do a little internal role playing.. the "what if" game.. what if my marriage ended what would i do, how would i cope , would i miss him, how would the child/children cope, what would day to day life be like apart.. ..

and alternatively " what if we make our marriage work, what would we/i do, how would we cope , what would day to day life be like, what are my short term goals and are his goals compatible..

daydreaming / mentally going over the choices can help you figure out what you WANT. and may help you figure out what you need .

PTS is hard to live with because you never know what will trigger it and it wears on your nerves big time.

find things to laugh about, find things that bring you a measure of joy, if you can, find those things with him, i hope you can work it out. but if you guys dont work it out that doesnt mean your " destined to be alone" it means you can put on your high heels and go huntin again. (eventually)

• missy04
    missy04

Dear Mrs. Horton,

Yah, you're exactly right, I mean by looking at depression as an illness just like any other illness. It's AMAZING, though, how the majority of people will look at it like it's "all in your head." I feel like sayin, "Yah, it IS all in my head, but it's a chemical IMBALANCE up in there." I have had alot of people look at me and say "get over it. It's all in your head. Get your act together."

Hey, a nights sleep can make alot of difference, you're right. And sometimes I know exactly how I am going to feel for the rest of the day by how I feel when I wake up, although I do have a certain amount of control over it.

I have been on lots of medications, also. However I have not had one that was effective. Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, ect. and on and on. I decided that I am not going to spend years trying to find the right medication...lately I have been considering it again though. Honestly, what they did for me, was give me the small amount of motivation I needed to fake a good mood.

I was diagnosed with PTSD also, but I don't think my doctor knew what he was talking about. Then again though sometimes I wonder if I do have it.

Yah, I live at home with my parents. Both my parents are on disability so it's hard. I'm waiting to hear from my big sis (much older...36 ..,about an 18 yr difference) about a huge construction job she's supposed to get to work on in a few weeks. I really enjoy working with her and think it will help me alot to be around her and to have a job, since I don't right now.

Spending time with my big sis and my friends is what helps me.

I know that depression can be really hard on marriages. My best friend is 46 and has severe depression, and it is very hard on her relationship with her husband sometimes. But he supports her no matter what and I know that helps her tremendously.

One thing that I find helps me sometimes, that is if I have enough motivation to start with, is finding something to accomplish. Today I woke up and decided I had to do something productive. Got alot done and it made me feel better than I would have otherwise.

Does your husband know alot about depression?

I sometimes get online when I am doing really bad and look up information on depression, to "remind" my mom and dad that I am not lazy, dumb, crazy or just plain stubborn or mean. It helps (for a while lol) Then I have to remind them again....but I also have to constantly be on myself about trying to put myself in their shoes..I wouldn't like me much either sometimes. And I try to apologize to them when my behavior confuses them or hurts them.

Depression is an up and down thing. Kind of like a roller coaster ride. Just try to grab on and hold on tight when you reach a point where you're doing better. Between my ups and downs I think I have really improved myself and how I deal with it and I feel LOTS better than I used to when I was younger.

If you ever need to talk, PM me. or if you have messenger, and ever need to talk, I am scarlett_skies_2001 on yahoo and scarlyttskys on aol instant messenger.

((HUGS))

~Sarah

• shamus
    shamus

Hi there.

Most here do not know what they're talking about when it comes to depression. Also, it's beyond the scope of this message board. Check out this site:

www.wingofmadness.com

There is a message board there too, but you need to read through the website to get your bearings, and decide what to do.

And yes, been there, done that. Get some help. Tell your doctor about how you are feeling. Take Vitamin D. It's falltime, and you need sunshine or vitamin D to help you feel normal again.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this product yet? It sounds good. I'm feeling pretty good these days thankfully, but still, it's good to know what works!

I've used Sam-e and it really does make a difference, but is very expensive. St. John's Wort helps too. And the vitamin D and natural sunlight have helped greatly it seems lately - I stopped wearing my sunglasses (having lost them...) and my emotions are much more even keeled and I'm much calmer since my eyes are forced to be exposed to sunlight now.

This product sounds like a good natural product that just could help some people. I intend to try it next time I'm low for any length of time. It mentions that a number of the ingredients are recommended in Europe, for some time now. Anyone know about it?

AMORYN Can Help Product Info Ingredients Taking AMORYN Order AMORYN Depression Anxiety Panic Attacks Can AMORYN Help Me? Testimonials Success Rate Introduction How AMORYN Works Clinical Research Safety Facts FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions AMORYN vs. St. Johns Wort For Healthcare Providers +The AMORYN Formula Hyperforin (from Hypericum) 5-HTP B Vitamins Quality Control Dosage and Directions for Use Possible Side Effects Drug Interactions Contraindications and Precautions Works Well When Combined With... ORDER NOW ONLINE Order by Phone Order by Mail AutoShip (Monthly Refills) Bulk / Wholesale Order with SEREDYN (for Anxiety & Panic)

The AMORYN Formula
    AMORYN has been scientifically formulated to improve mood using the latest advances in the fields of psychology, nutrition and neuroscience.

Our laboratory follows rigorous quality-assurance procedures when manufacturing AMORYN. AMORYN contains only USP Pharmaceutical Grade vitamins to ensure purity, and herbal extracts standardized for maximum effectiveness.

The daily dose of AMORYN is 1-4 capsules. The recommended starting dose is two capsules, which can be increased to three or four capsules after four weeks. (See Dosage and Directions for Use for more information.) Each capsule of AMORYN contains:
    Hyperforin
    from 450mg Hypericum perforatum
    (St. John's wort) extract (aerial portion) standardized to 5% hyperforin, .3% hypericin

22.5 mg

Hyperforin, the active ingredient in St. John's wort, acts as a reuptake inhibitor of the brain's natural "feel good" chemical messengers: serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine & GABA. Hyperforin increases the amount of these chemicals available to the nerve cells in the brain. AMORYN contains the same hyperforin-rich St. John's wort extract that is prescribed in Europe for depression and anxiety. Learn more...
    5-HTP
    (5-hydroxytryptophan)
    from Griffonia simplicifolia extract

25 mg

5-HTP is used by the brain to make serotonin, the brain's natural "feel good" chemical. By increasing serotonin levels, 5-HTP promotes a positive outlook. Learn more...
    B Vitamins
    B6
    B12
    Folate

20 mg
    30mcg
    200mcg

B vitamins provide nutritional support for mood-related pathways. B6, B12 and Folic Acid allow your brain to produce extra SAM-e, a proven natural antidepressant used in Europe for over 20 years. SAM-e is crucial to maintaining proper levels of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. Buying SAM-e is expensive (over $100/month) but AMORYN allows your brain to produce it naturally by providing extra B6, B12 and Folic Acid. Learn more...
    Selenium

100mcg

Clinical research shows that a diet low in selenium may contribute to feelings of depression, anxiety and fatigue. Unfortunately, many adults do not receive the optimal amount of this vital nutrient. Learn more...
    Vitamin D

250 IU

Vitamin D deficiency, common during the winter months, can contribute to a negative emotional outlook. Likewise, increased vitamin D consumption has been shown to elevate mood, and may be particularly effective at relieving seasonal depression. Vitamin D appears to increase the activity of serotonin, the brain's natural "feel good" neurotransmitter, and may also reduce the risk of cancer. Learn more...
    INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: GELATIN, RICE POWDER, MAGNESIUM STEARATE

The AMORYN formula can only help to improve your life if you order now.

Copyright © 2004 BioNeurix Corporation. AMORYN and the AMORYN logo are trademarks of BioNeurix Corporation. The statements on the amoryn.com website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. AMORYN is a dietary supplement, not a drug. AMORYN is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. AMORYN should not be considered a replacement for FDA-approved medication or professional medical treatment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit