It's happening, the anger and depression are taking over

by Tim Horton 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

Hi ,
    I haven't posted for a while. I'm starting to really lose my cool. I'm angry all the time, it seems at everyone. Have any of you ever experienced this. I think I'm totally losing it. I'm either really angry or I'm crying my eyes out. I feel so much hurt about my marriage. I just don't know what to do. Mr. Horton came home and we tried to work it out but I just can't . I'm so hurt and angry. I feel like all hope is lost. I'm a bitter poisened woman. Destined to be alone. Has anyone been through this and recovered because I feel like I never will? I'm sorry, I just had to be truthful. Now I'm being insulting and mean and I don't want to be that way. It's not the real me. I'm just so hurt. Please help. I'm starting to get depressed. I'm trying not to give into it but it's so hard. Chris I'm open to any advice. I have been seeing my therapist but it just doesn't seem like enough. We tried marriage councelling but that only made me upset and angry. I love Mr. Horton so much but I just keep hurting.

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Has anyone been through this

I have been through a couple of breakups (Once you get one behind you the rest are much easier). I never went through the raging anger thing but my ex did and it was very bad for the kids. My anger was more subdued than what you are describing.

I have heard of countless stories of people going through this. It seems to be more common with women after a marital breakup. I could tell you that time is the magic ingredient which is necessary and must pass but that won't help you now.

All I can suggest is if your therapist is not helping then perhaps you ought to keep going there whilst simultaniously finding a new one - perhaps a woman who can understand the female perspective (and if you already have a female therapist just try a different one).

I know it's easier said than done but try to refocus the energy you have for the anger into a positive action i.e. take some courses, workout at the gym everyday. Try very hard to use the energy but in a positive way.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Now I'm being insulting and mean and I don't want to be that way.

Because you say you don't want to be that way, then probably you are going to make it out of this thing alright. Life will go on and you will be happy again. You just have to believe this, okay? Hope is the best weapon against depression and despair. Anger is one of the stages of grief, remember? It's gonna pass. It will. Meanwhile you can come here, vent and get support and love.

• Tim Horton
    Tim Horton

i noticed alot of people read my post and didn't reply. i guess there's alot of unfeeling people out there after all. thanks alot guys. some support group or maybe you just don't know what to say, or just don't care to say

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think it is because some people do not know what to say - I really am sorry for your pain. Yes I went through about 1 year of angerand pain but eventually me and my wife worked it out and stayed together - it can happen but it requires an awful lot of patience and feeling hurt angry depressed and even suicidal at times - it is possible to come through it all -I know because I have done it

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    i noticed alot of people read my post and didn't reply.

I think this thread falls under the public area of the forum. People who read but are not members can't respond. Others were concerned enough to read but maybe didn't feel they had the experience to help you. People care or they would not open your thread and read. You're feeling very hurt and so you may perceive people as not caring. I'm sure those reading do care.

• kat2u
    kat2u

Yes... I have been there and felt the same way... therapy helped and friends but it took awhile, And i did get very depressed in the process... try to think of it in a different way... a challenge to make it on your own,,, a new opportunity.....A begining of a different and possibly much better life... try though i know its easier said than done you will be up and down for awhile

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear you are having these problems. I read your post, but wasn't going to reply, because I don't really know what to say to help you, only that these other people are giving you good advice. I've never been in this kind of situation, so that's why I can't give any advice. i really wish I could. I am not qualified. I can say, however, that I think it will pass in time, and I agree with the others that say maybe you should change therapists. I hope things get better for you. Keeping busy with other things is very good advice, too. It might help keep your mind off your problems. Wish I could tell you more. (((Mrs. Horton)))

Hubert

• Bryan
    Bryan

I'm sure many of us here have been through these extemely difficult breakups. In this case, the old addage, "Time heals all wounds" is very true.

My sister is a nurse and she was telling me the other day that being angree with anything and everything, small things, is a sign of depression. I assume if you're seeing a therapist, you are taking some meds? If not, please do. It will help you get through this.

Be good... and we all do care.

Bryan

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I also care - though there are some on this forum that think I do not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit