What Do You Do When You Get The "Blues"???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

Britches..that looks like my Guinness..now give it back..damn ya girl! mac;)

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

A little solitude helps me get thru the blues.

• karategirl
    karategirl

I usually try and talk to someone i trust. Or if not real serious, like mentioned before just get busy doing something. Sometimes just cleaning the house helps you work it out and feel better. Sometimes a change scenery is nice. If at work, make sure and go out for lunch. If at home, take a walk, a drive, go get ice cream. Something like that. But if it isn't going away no matter what, seek professional help. Don't let it go too long.

• Mac
    Mac

Ah....so you "vant to bee alone" mac:)

• Dawn
    Dawn

I guess it would depend on what caused the "blue" feeling to begin with. Generally, when I get the blues I feel better if I get out of the house and do something fun - visit my friends, go for a bike ride, hit the mall and buy a new outfit, go to a movie etc. Sometimes I realize I'm not really blue - but bored. If the blues last longer than a day or two then I talk it over with my husband, try to figure out what's causing it.

I'm fortunate in that I don't get the blues very often - generally I am a very happy person. But I did have a loooooong recovery from the blues after my dad died and my brother was killed shortly after - that was a hard year.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Actually I think you kind of answered your own question there Min, or eluded to it. If it is just the blues, then the issue is not that significant and I just accept things for how they are, including the reaction here that amounts to what we call the blues. It goes away pretty quickly these days, I don't try to do anything different really - I just don't overanalyze and such. Interestingly I have found that the intensity of the feeling is insignificant in that it can fade very quickly, but the significant factor seems to be not dwelling on it - basically move on and do something else as you always do. But if the issue is more significant then it is most likely more than what you would consider "the blues" and you'd want to look at that. Actually the above works for that too, but it takes more of a radical acceptance.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I go out and buy something. Maybe that's why I have so much junk and high credit card bills every month.

Walter

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Depends on the kind of blues I have. Sometimes a long walk, a hot meal, and a nap can help me cheer up. Other blues require a binge drinking episode and then a naked run through the cemetery... erm... wait, did I say that???

I find certain exercises to be soothing - as well as assembling things like models or something. Sometimes just going out and flirting a bit with a stranger can help. Petting my cats.

I have to remember to eat, or I get depressed really easily and can't figure out why. Years of anti-depressants have left me with an inability to tell when I'm hungry and therefore a tendency to skip meals.

CZAR

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How about shutting myself in a room with a bottle of Southern Comfort, some really heavy rock music playing as loud as can be through headphones ?

Should shift the bluest mood...

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Eat these:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit