Ozzie gets a makeover!

by ozziepost 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, Ozzie has decided it's time for a change and come out of the closet!

The picture has changed but not the person!

This is the pic of a lad who has nothing - yet he always smiles! He lives without a house in the jungle of SE Asia and Mrs Ozzie and I have provided him with a school uniform so that he can be just like other school children. Yep, in his country a school uniform is de rigeur.

This post is dedicated to my young friend.

Ozzie (upside down class)

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Ozzie,

I hope you will some day share the rest of the story with the board. You are too modest.

Jst2laws

BTW- If any have trouble seeing a picture of a little boy as Ozzie's avatar, hold (ctrl) and press F5 to get your computer to 'hard' refresh.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I noticed the avatar change Ozzie. Good on ya

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good stuff Ozzie & Mrs Ozzie

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Good on yer cobber!!

Its a great thing helping out someone on such a practical and personal level.

• Xena
    Xena

You're good people ozzie...both you and the missus

• shotgun
    shotgun

Very cool Ozzie

Sometimes I look at what our children have now and what we grew up with and note the contrast..but then all you need to do is see what children and adults alike have in under developed countries and it makes you feel like a heel for complaining about all the petty things that arise.

Speaking of heels

Did you hear about the shoe factory that burnt down.....100 souls were lost and they think some heel did it.

• bebu
    bebu

I noticed your picture change too, Oz, and figured it was likely a sponsored child. He's a very charming young man! Did you ever meet him personally? Does he write letters to you sometimes? (In English?)

Cheers!

bebu

(...Still groaning at shotgun)

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Ozzie and Missus)))))

You know, it still amazes me how many "community service" opportunities we missed as JWs. I mean, seriously...how much did that little school uniform break you? $20 - $30? If JWs would realize how much good could come out of ONE small amount of money and how WONDERFUL it makes you feel, they would do it more often. Every Thanksgiving Neil and I volunteer at his parents church to box styrofoam boxes of Turkey Day food. The church donates the food and the members volunteer to cook and box and then share them with the homeless around the Dallas area. You have to be at the church at 5 am in order to volunteer, but it's one of the highlights of my holidays...not a sacrifice at all when you think about it. What is $20 or $30 dollars or a few hours of lost sleep to make someone's day or week or school year?

It sickens me to no end to think of anyone telling me to NOT contribute to someone else's physical needs/welfare. It sickens me to think that I listened and obeyed.

Andi

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

He has got a beautiful smile.

I'm sure when you see his face, your face lights up, too. Ozzie

((((((Ozzie & Ms Ozzie)))))) you are good people.

Joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit