Were you ever a victim of the "JW STARE"?

by doodle-v 33 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

You know what I'm talking about...

That LOOK from dubs

For instance, if you go to a meeting and haven't been there for ages. Your stand up during the song and suddenly what seems like the whole cong gets afflicted with the JW STARE. Some even literally turn around and STARE as if you were an alien or your body is turned inside out and you're the only one that doesn't notice.

Were you ever a victim of the STARE? When, and did you do anything?

-Doodle-V

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know that stare. I can get it walking into a store. I smile and stare right back. It's become almost like a game. Who will turn away first. Not me.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Where have you been Doodle?

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

*shudders*

LMAO

• Angharad
    Angharad

Yeah the one where its like you've grown horns or something. I had it once walking into the school yard, bunch of dubs standing on the street yacking rather than knocking of doors. I just stared back until they turned their back on me

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

LOL! I just dont get it! Where do dubs learn that unearthly stare?? It's just creepy.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I think the first time I ever experienced it was in the early 1970's when I suggested to a few others at the Kingdom Hall that there was a possibility Armageddon might not come by 1975.

• Fleur
    Fleur

oh hell, yes.

Many times now. At work, when JW's came into the place. From my own family members, if running into them in a public place like say a restaurant. They look at me like I should vaporize...like I have no business existing on the planet.

Got a couple hundred of them at a distant relatives funeral. Am not looking forward to receiving more of the same at my own grandmother's memorial should I decide to go in a couple weeks :/

To those who aren't family, I always smile, sincerely. It unnerves them.

For Family, sometimes I get tears in my eyes, I can't help it. they always look away first.

• Angharad
    Angharad

There is also the Anti-stare where they go out of their way NOT to make eye contact in case you use your aposta-rays on them

That one is funny, I once had this, and the elder tripped over the kerb because he had stuck his head in the air while I was walking towards him

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

What's also funny is when they run into something trying to get away from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit