They say they won't publish the Awake anymore???

by under74 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Did any of you bastards here what I said?

Here is some information on the AWAKE that fits into JW prophecy. The AWAKE is represented as ONE of the horses mentioned in Revelation Chapter 9. Remember....Jehovah would not have had John sitting on his ass writing about the AWAKE in prison if he planned on shitcanning the publication.

A good ol' boy from this site gave me this info. Thanks

1984 Yearbook, page 159:

Not only have our brothers placed much literature but the example of true Christianity by Jehovah?s Witnesses has done much to help others come into God?s organization. We recall the work of those early pioneers who placed literature ?by the ton,? and we appreciate how the symbolic ?horses? of Revelation 9:16-19 have penetrated into every corner of this vast land. In the past ten years more than two and a half million copies of The Watchtower and Awake! have been distributed here, and over 14,000 subscriptions were obtained!

=====

Kingdom Ministry May 1982, page 1:

Effectively Using the Symbolic ?Horses?

2 These symbolic horses of Revelation chapter 9 represent the hundreds of millions of printed publications distributed by Jehovah?s Witnesses during these last days under the direction of the anointed remnant. On pages 246 and 247, the book ?Then Is Finished the Mystery of God? states: ?The charging of these symbolic ?horses? increased greatly when the Watch Tower?s magazines began to be offered on the streets, from house to house, from store to store.? During this one month of May 1982, more than 35 million of these symbolic horses, copies of The Watchtower and Awake!, will roll off the Society?s presses around the world. Will you help distribute them?

====

The WATCHTOWER, March 1, 1981, page 22:

Go! Make Disciples

22 These two fine Christian magazines have been and continue to be important means for witnessing to the ends of the earth and making ?disciples of people of all the nations.? (Matt. 28:19, 20) The facts show that there is still much witnessing to be done. So to your ?horses? all you faithful Christian witnesses! Get them and keep them moving out in the ?field,? and may Jehovah continue to bless the intensive use of The Watchtower and Awake! in the days ahead.

There are other articles....but this I think proves the point.

Gumby

• under74
    under74

I heard what you said Gumby, don't get excited. It's a very good point and a lot of people have brought up good points....wait a minute--I know what's going on here. You're trying to kill the thread aren't you!? Dammit, I won't let you do it! LoneWolf started talking about factions at the WT fighting and I WANT MORE.

• gumby
    gumby
    I heard what you said Gumby , don't get excited. It's a very good point and a lot of people have brought up good points

*struts off like he's really sumthin*

Gumhumble

• under74
    under74

lol, gumby you're a funny, funny person. But don't let this go to your head...

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I can still walk through some JW circles, and the elder (former bethelite who still has ties with people in Georgetown) and 2 MS (who have sons in Georgetown) have never mentioned anything about it.

This would be so big that they would have either sent a letter to all congregations or have an article in the kingdom ministry explaining the changes and why they would be 'spiritually' beneficial. Then again, maybe I'm too 'spiritually weak' to deserve this kind of info.

• hornetsnest
    hornetsnest

LOL, under 74!

Yes, there has been quite a battle back there. In fact it was this very thing that caused the rebellion in Bethel and the ensuing purge that hasn't quit yet. Even the brother that wrote the "Truth" book was DFed and that's why it was replaced. There have been many threads on these things over the years and many on this board that are better qualified than I to speak of it. Alan F. and Amazing are a couple of them, although there are many others who lived it first hand. I wish I had more time so as to look up some of those threads for you.

I'll bet sKally would have them at her fingertips! (Grin)

Gotta go. I didn't get any sleep last night.

Tom (LoneWolf)

• Poztate
    Poztate

During this one month of May 1982, more than 35 million of these symbolic horses, copies of The Watchtower and Awake!, will roll off the Society?s presses around the world. Will you help distribute them?
    WOW...Can you imagine how deep a pile of horse shit that 35 million horses could make? Maybe they will quit publishing some of the mags.They are already over their heads in horse shit

• metatron
    metatron

What's an Awake run cost them now? 9 or 10 million ?

I can't imagine why they keep printing the Awake. Relative to their cultish interests, it's a waste of money.

There must be some bottom reached in the Society's effort to dumb down the "truth". The Awake is already

so "truth-lite" that hard-line types must be thinking about other uses for the $ involved.

metatron

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Sometimes I think Bethel fields rumours like this to see what the reaction is among the R&F.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Did any of you bastards here what I said?

How DARE we ignore his Royal Greenness!!! Quick, everyone stop thinking right this moment, stop everything and LISTEN/READ what Gumbastard has posted!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit