They say they won't publish the Awake anymore???

by under74 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under74
    under74

My sister has a co-worker who's studying with JWs. He told her today that he was being told the the WT Society was going to stop printing the Awake this month. And stop other publications soon. My sister asked why, he said it was becuase the end was soon. My sister also asked him who told him this, he says he was told this by the elder he's studying with and that he's heard it from several other witnesses at the KH he attends. Anybody else heard this? Does anybody know if they are having money problems at hq and need to cut costs?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

they may stop the awake.. simply because its easy to investigate their science now. but i doubt seriously its because of money problems. they have a shitload of money .. i havent heard anything about them stopping publishing it though. that would be like a major announcement so i'm doubtful its true.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Because of the end?? Yah right, end of the good times for wt corp.

S

• kls
    kls

Is the elders name Brownboy,,,,,LOL,,, I have not heard this but i sure hope someone here has some answers for the WT to stop the Awake and other publishing's there must be something going on.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... first I won't "buy" that story that they are not going to publish the Awake anymore until I see it on the watchtower.org web site or I see a letter saying so.

If they DO stop publishing it, it is because they are having to tighten their belts due to a lack of money.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That's the thing about cults like the Watchtower - the cultists will believe any little rumor going around.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The Awake is the only literature that could KEEP me awake!

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

He told her today that he was being told the the WT Society was going to stop printing the Awake this month. And stop other publications soon. My sister asked why, he said it was becuase the end was soon.

Gee does that mean they'll stop accepting donations too ?

• shotgun
    shotgun

The only way they ever act that fast is if money is involved and without the Awake they would lose all door to door placements.

Face it...when you went to the doors did you offer the Awake with the title...Seatbelts why are they so tight or the WT with the title...Are you worshipping Satan! Well are ya punk!

• gumby
    gumby

They can't stop the AWAKE!

The AWAKE and Watchtower are in the book of Revelation....remember? My mind is going quick...maybe someone can find the article which mentions the Awake along with the Watchtower being messages of the good news. They were represented as "horses" weren't they?

They'll have to figure out a scripture that writes the Awake out of the script if they terminated publishing it.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit