Time to tell my story

by NoMoreMeetings 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

My life story leaving JW's came out in the following newspaper article. Thought I'd share it with all of you.

I was an elder for 8 years. P.O. for 2. Left in 2002.

http://www2.timesreview.com/ST/topstories/287436133573776.php

NMM

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my condolences on the loss of your son to leukemia, and on the loss of your stepson shunning you. i hope that changes as time goes by.

your wife and you have done a brave thing and i hope you both find peace in your new search for God. thanks for posting your story.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Congrats on getting out of that disgusting movement and retaining your personal faith. The news article did a great job there.

Brummie

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

My heart goes out to you and your wife for the loss of your son while you were "true believers" to what you now recognize as rules of men.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. All of us are dealing with the shunning issue and can sympathize. How distructive that cult is can best be uderstood by those who are daily/weekly/yearly/forever effected by their policies.

Welcome to the forum.

Joy

• Corvin
    Corvin

What a hard road to travel. You are an inspiration and your courage and faith is awesome. Thank you for sharing your story.

Corvin

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hey Ron!

Good to see you on this board.

AlanF
    aka Alan Feuerbacher

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. You know what happened to you is the made up example that I told people after I left. I would explain why the Organization changing their stand on the blood is such a huge deal. It was one of the things that opened mine and my son's eyes to leave. It is so hard when you leave behind family especially children. Truly my heart does ache for you. I'm so glad to see you haven't lost your faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, which is where our faith should have been all along, not in an organization. lv4fer

• jgnat
    jgnat

A long road out. Nice to see you made it to a safe harbour!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Thank you for sharing your story with us, and the world. Your bravery is an inspiration and your ability to maintain faith a wonderful thing. As someone else who has lost their entire family because of leaving "the truth" you have my deepest sympathies and also my deepest understanding.

Welcome to JWD.

~esmeralda

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Dear God. You lost your son. I am so sorry, as it would actually kill me, I think as I'm sure it must have almost killed you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit