Time to tell my story

by NoMoreMeetings 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Welcome NMM.

I am sorry for the loss of your son, and the shunning you are going through. However it looks like you have a new family of support. You'll find much support here also. There is a very large family here for you. Again, welcome!!!

CC

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations on your new-found freedom, Ken and Adriana!

Surely you will be compassionate teachers of your new faith. What a price to pay! Many here on the JWD forum can empathize with you in your loss of family members, tho some have not lost in death, our families are torn apart, but we carry on and work hard to encourage and support one another and any who may come here with questions and doubts.

Of course, there's a lot of fluff....some of it "naughty", but it's part of growing out of the borganization and moving on toward a better life.

Hope your enjoy your visits here.

Thank you for sharing yall's story.

Frannie

• kj
    kj

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry about what happened to your son. I hope God will use you to help others escape the JWs.

kj

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is life after the Watchtower and it is in Jesus. You have found Him. Best regards.

• Golf
    Golf

NMM, just finished reading your news article and it reminded me of the book I read by the former priest Charles Chiniguy, you both came to the same conclusion "We have been listening to the teachings of men and not the teachings of God." Guest77

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Ken and Adriana))))

I'm so sorry. But too many of us here COMPLETELY understand. We've lost much too, so in that shared pain, we applaud your courage.

God bless,

Andi

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

Thank you so much for sharing your story, but I wonder if you could find the time to tell us more. As a former elder and PO - were there other policies, decisions, GB teachings that caused you to doubt that you can share. The rank and file is so unaware of what goes on behind the scenes and the back channels of communication. I for one would love to hear any elder stories that reinforced your decision that the WT is not God's channel.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome, NMM...

I can hardly grasp the tragedy of losing ones son and then having the WT change their mind and "It is alright now!"

i am glad that you have found the faith that you have, we are a very mixed bunch here... please keep posting ...

• Sassy
    Sassy

thanks for sharing NMM, I'm sorry about your children.. those who shun you as well as the son you lost.

does the son that still lives with you have any communication with his brother or sister?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

NoMoreMeetings - my sincerest condolences on the loss of your son. As you have said, you will be together again, in a beautiful place and all of this will have been as a dream.

I have a question for you - it appears in the article that you have extensive scholastic teaching in religion - was this before or after your being a JW? I wonder sometimes how those that have studied so fervently the teachings of the Bible could still call the JW the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit