She really wanted a boyfriend. But eight...?

by Mecurious? 40 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Edited: it was a reminder about posting guidelines.

• cypher50
    cypher50
    i'm not sure if this can be called "molesting"... "seducing" would be a better term. why didn't anyone do that to me?

there IS a difference between a man harming a little girl and a woman seducing a little boy.

Seduce, molest, it is all the same...this is a disgusting act and mentally scarring for the child. To even wish for something like this to happen to you when you were a kid shows that you probably don't have kids/nieces/nephews... (BTW, I guess you were joking but it is a really bad joke)

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

umm.. sorry, you either misunderstand me or you misinterpret the original article...

the way i read it, the 8 year old was not sexually molested, he was seduced. they even wrote love-letters and that's why his mom found out, not because of him acting rare.

and no, no joke, when i was 8 years old i would have loved to do "you know what" to my teacher. no joke.

(says someone, who was sexually abused by his male non-witness cousin, so don't think i'm just being funny here)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This makes me sick

For those of you who think seduction of a child is different or easier on the child - forget it. In many ways it is actually more harmful. To con a child into certain sexual activities beofre they understand what is happening is beyond reprehensible. To do that in the name of love turns my stomach. I had both kinds of abuse from different abusers.

The violent, "I'll take what I want whether you like it or not" kind of abuse is clear. It hurts. You know you are being used and hurt. You know who the enemy is.

This "I love you and this is how I show it" stuff is confusing to the child. They buy into the con and lies and it totally messes up their idea of what love is. It skews any concept of trust and love and sex and mixes them up so badly it can take a lifetime to learn to trust again.

I'm not saying the the first is any less a betrayal but they are different. At least for me they were different.

Ultimately whether a child is "seduced" or "molested" or whatever term you want to put on it, the reality is:

the end result is the same. The child is used to meet the needs of an adult who really cares more for themself than they do for the child.

Fantasizing about "doing it" with an adult when you are a child is just that - fantasy. It has nothing to do with the reality of the control, power imbalance, manipulation, and betrayal of the real thing. And then add the need for secrecy of something so important in one's life. What a horrible thing to do to a child.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

well, i'd say both the woman and the little boy should get psychological help and the woman should receive her punishment for seducing a little child.

but i still think there IS a difference of a man abusing a child and a woman seducing a little boy (and even if there wasn't i'd counter those lynching mob ideas some people on here like so much - the american way?).

aside from no physical effects, i'm sure the psychological aspect is not as grave either in this case. wich, of course, doesn't make it legitim, let me set that clear.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LL:

I had hoped this thread might go back to topic, gruesome tho' it is.

Perhaps now is the time to make clear that this thread was 'going beyond the boundaries' of what is expected.

So, friends, can we 'draw a line' under the 'off color' part of this thread and the name calling? Thanks.

Ozzie

• Iforget
    Iforget

I am so pissed off here I can't see straight. More then that I am sick to my stomach. Google you are so unbelievable ignorant it's almost not worth my time or words. Obviously you either don't have children or a child that age. There is no such thing as SEDUCTION of a child that age. There is a word called ABUSE. CHILD ABUSE AND MOLESTATION.

I digress. I can't help everyone see the damage that is caused by this behavior. Perhaps it stems from the elders asking me in a JC meeting about my molester if I had "flirted" with him and tried to seduce him. Yeah that is exactly what a 10 yr old does. DUMBASS.

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

again, you don't get my point. but it seems a objective discussion on that topic is not possible. sorry for expressing my point.

• Iforget
    Iforget

I got your point. Your point is baseless and insane. To say that a man doing this is worse then a woman is CRAZY. Doesn't matter who does it the effects to the child are the same. ABUSE.

How in the world did you even remotely expect to have a open forum discusion on child abuse by flinging out those types of comments especially here when you know how many of us were abused in this same way.

Your comments remind me of the WTS. Go get some information and books and read up on exactly what child abuse is. I seriously doubt you can back up your claims that woman doing it is not as bad. And calling molestation of a child seduction vs abuse sounds dangerously close to what the bastards who have done such things to a child would say.

Don't try that passive aggressive (sorry for posting my opinions) crap either. You threw the first punch.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    i'm not sure if this can be called "molesting"... "seducing" would be a better term. why didn't anyone do that to me?

there IS a difference between a man harming a little girl and a woman seducing a little boy.

Disgusting. Ignorant. Hurtful. DANGEROUS. SCARY. AND WRONG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit