Fear Of Demons:

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• gone for good
    gone for good

Hello Ashley and welcome to the forum -

Glad you posted on this old thread so we can all laugh at the stupid things the Watchtower tells people.

There doesn't appear to be any invisible people anywhere does there?

The fables written in the Bible were just the superstitions from ancient times.

Tell us about yourself and make some friends here.

GFG

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Is it true that there is more to Spiritualism than what is said?

Only that its inherently based from human imagination and ignorance like all mythology ancient or otherwise .

There is absolutely no evidence that spirits or gods ever existed, they have all been ideological expressed or sourced from human ignorance and human ignorance is indefensible fact, like it or not.

• Ding
    Ding

Gadget said, "...a friend of my family had an open fire and tried using old watchtower and awakes to light the kindling, but due to the type of paper she had loads of problems getting them to light."

That reminds me of something a householder once said to the JWs at his door: "The only way to get any light out of those Watchtower magazines is to set them on fire..."

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

At least my 70+ years old Mother in law doesn't believe that. She spends every single Friday going " garage/yard saleing". She can get some massive bergins on great stuff! I love it when I can tell her I am looking for something and she will eventually find it for $5 or something like that. She got an American Girl Doll for my daughter,( usually $100 and up) for $1, and the doll was in great shape.

• blondie
    blondie

When I went to pioneer school, I went d2d with the CO. There was a garage sale at the house up 2 doors from us. He said, "Let's stop and see if we can find something." And we did look and bought several things. Before we did we talked to the lady at the table and told her very briefly why we were in her neighborhood.

Several jws learned that day that there was no demonic influence at garage sales or secular thrift shops. I asked an elder on e if he would buy a used car; he said of course. I then asked how he would know if it wasn't demonized. Silence from him.

jws can be so hypocritical and are not shy about telling others what they should do.

• sparky1
    sparky1

My first girlfriend after I left Bethel in the 70's was raised in a large Witness family with all the attendant emotional baggage. Unknown to me (she hid it very well) she suffered from extreme anxiety and anxiety attacks. At any rate, I gave her a beautiful antique gold Art Deco wristwatch that I had purchased from an estate and had completely restored. Shortly before we broke up, I noticed that she no longer wore the watch. When I inquired about it, she told me that her parents wanted her to throw it away. It seems that they had determined that her nighttime anxiety attacks were 'demonic in origin' and were probably caused by the antique timepiece! Crazy is as crazy does.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

We know several publishers who won't buy anything from a charity or goodwill store for that very reason. Whereas we have furnished most of our house with 2nd hand items because they are less expensive and never lost any sleep over it.

This is probably another excuse for the elders to poke through the homes of the congregation on the pretext of helping exorcise the demonic influences while looking for anything that will let them haul the person in front of a committee.

If anything is demonic, I think we all know what it is in relation to the Watchtower Society and its minions.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    W 12/15 66 But if a house has a clean history, instead of moving out, investigate objects in the house.

Dear god even a bloody house has to be "clean".... what is it with watchtower and the fear of gettin'dirty!!

Watchtower is the Howard Hughs of religion!!

• Tantalon
    Tantalon

I remember how real the threat of demon possession seemed when I was an early teen awaiting Armageddon. Still I offered myself to Satan if I could get laid before the big A came as I wasn't sure I would survive anyway! But 1975 came without either event happening,I was glad for one and sad for the other.

The only bad dreams I had were due to the WT indoctrination not spirits and stopped when I finally realized TTATT.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All fundamentalist religions are - ultimately - fear-based.

It's practically a defining characteristic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit