Fear Of Demons:

by Englishman 39 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

This is the correct way to do it dont' offer to sell you soul.... say "satan if you make me rich and give me hot babes out the a$$ then I will do everything in my power to drag people out of the Jehovahs Witness organization"

works like a charm... oh no wait it doesn't because demons and satan don't EXIST...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Burn her, she's a witch!!!"
    "Well, she looks like one..."

...and that was the last we saw of poor old sister Slackbladder.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Another Christian woman kept a handbag given her by an aunt who was a fortune-teller. Using the handbag in the ministry, she experienced powerful thoughts of "Go home!"

shit so I was really possessed all those years while out in field service? had to have been to be peddling those stupid books and magazines!! it all makes perfect sense now!

• Purza
    Purza

My dad had a public talk that was entitled "Deliver Us From The Wicked One". It must have been based on this article because some of the experiences sound the same. I heard this talk OVER and OVER again and I still think about demons when I hear odd noises in the house at night. I am still angry that this stuff is still in my head today.

Do demons really exist? I honestly do not know what to believe anymore.

Purza

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

While I don't remember this specific article, there was another one circa 1966 called, "Are Haunted Houses Hoaxes?" I read the article many times over the years. If you ever wanted to scare yourself as a child, just pick up the trusty Awake magazine.

The really sad thing about this, is that for a child, what chance have you got? If every authority figure in your life believes and endorses this crap, including your religion's printed material, how can you possibly grow up not having a fear of demons?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My temperature goes up and my blood pressure skyrockets every time I see a kingdom hall. Could the halls be haunted and demonized??? Maybe we should, just this once, listen to the fine counsel provided by the watchtower, and burn these demonized places! (just kidding - they're not worth the jail time)

When I first became a JW we wouldn't go to garage sales because some of the items might contain demons. Over the years the JWs relaxed on that somewhat, and we often hit some garage sales during Saturday service?. Does that mean that the demons are now more receptive to the good news?? Maybe demons and the JWs have more in common then they originally thought.

Walter

• heathen
    heathen

I believe that demons do exist and people do practice satanic occultic spell casting . I think even the WTBTS dabbles in this to some extent . I've known many witnesses in my life and most are a miserable worthless pile of a crap for a human being . I often think the religion wants to replace the early puritans that settled in the united states and were prone to burn people at the stake . Maybe they should all gather around and burn their own publications because what's true one minute is not the next .

• Pole
    Pole

Bad thoughts rushed into her mind almost audibly, all of them anti-kingdom.

I'd love to hear some of those almost audible 'anti-kingdumb' bad thoughts.

Any guesses what kind of thoughts they might have been?

• Mary
    Mary
    Was the house unoccupied for a long time? Why? Did people frequently move in and out? Why? Does it have a history of being haunted? Neighbors usually know, though the seller of a house almost always keeps the fact conceal.

And don't forgot, if the walls and ceilings are all painted blood red and if you hear voices saying "Get Out", that's a dead give away for yer house being haunted!

I believe that demons do exist and people do practice satanic occultic spell casting . I think even the WTBTS dabbles in this to some extent

I agree. While I do believe that Satan exists, the WT are obsessed with trying to scare people to death about them and they go way overboard.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Pole,

The hand bag was making her think clearer that's why she started having "anti kingdom" thoughts like this:

What a bunch of bullshit these WT contain.

or

I'm getting f*cking older and still no New System,,maybe the WT is a bunch of crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit