How do you know Armageddon is not coming??

by Jez 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Living in dread of an anticipated future disaster is a horrible way to live. Living in hope of an anticipated future disaster where everyone you find unpleasant are destroyed forever is a horrible way to live.

I cannot with confidence say what the future will bring, but I can confidently chose to life a life of hope and love. So I chose to live with optimism.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oops. Double post. Repetition for emphasis.

P.S. I think Brownboy is wasting his life waiting for the end.

• shotgun
    shotgun

For me Armageddon could be a huge meteor strike or comet which ends life as we know it.

Armageddon WTBTS style has been totally obliterated by a careful study of 100 years WT history which proves beyond a doubt that they could not and can not tell shit from shinola.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

For me...Armageddon is not coming cause Shotgun said so. (in a PM...don't tell anybody else...shhh.).

• Mulan
    Mulan

For Bible believers, you have to decide if prophecies do have more than one fulfillment. I don't.

But I tend to see the Bible differently than most believers. Just a book, nothing more.

• booker-t
    booker-t

I think I have to agree with Scully on this one. Jehovah has come to be a very "Hitler-type" god that demands total controll or else he will murder you and your children at Armaggeddon. This just not seem like a god of love that the NT keeps telling me. I think that Jehovah enjoys to see people suffer. Because if he did not he would have done something by now. How long must man suffer in order to prove the point that Satan is a Liar? This just not make any sense to me whats so ever! I am tired of living on eggshells trembling that I might get destroyed, hoping that Jehovah and Jesus will show mercy on me. I think living like this has caused many people to go crazy and lose their minds. I will not live like this any longer. I am sick of JW's, I am sick of Born-Agains, I am just sick of religion period. I think that Athesist and Agnostics have a very valid point to doubt God. It is just too many rules and regulations to serve God and Jesus. Enough is Enough.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Countless millions throughout history have predicted the end of the world and they all have one thing in common: They were all WRONG

surely someone, someday is gonna be right!

• Carmel
    Carmel

cause I believe it is a process not an event and that it is already underway..

How bout that for a different twist...?

carmel

• prophecor
    prophecor

In all honesty, I know for a fact that it is coming, when that shall take place is a matter of constant question, but all signs indicate that it will come.

It however is up to us to always try to be in a position of preparedness in our hearts and souls, and know that Jehovah will always be just and merciful at the same time.

• prophecor
    prophecor

My sentiments exactly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit