Song 113 - "We are Jehovah's Witnesses"

by Simon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

So what was it called?

Can't see it on this plinketty-plonk site.

Englishman.

• Angharad
    Angharad

LOL one that didnt really work out once was when they decided that the sisters would sing the first verse, the brothers the second and the kids would sing the last verse (everyone joins in the chorus)

This worked great until it was the kids turn, when it turned into an instrumental they even turned the music down and you still couldnt hear anything, there was all these kids mumbling wanting the floor to swallow them up.

Edited for my crappy spelling

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

Thanks Simon. . . that was some of your best work. And Xander, were those JW songs being played by the organist at a hockey arena? As I was listening to the music, I started laughing uncontrollably and it's been more than 18 years since I heard those awful tunes.

I think the WTS needs more songs dealing with the dangers of giving head.

• Xander
    Xander

I suspect that was 'Singing Kingdom Melodies with the Captain & Tennille'

At least, the instrumental part of it.... [8>]

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• saltiest
    saltiest

Englishman...

"What will you bring, Jehovah's Kindome,
    Eternal life
    and happiness!"

And I was just going to go to bed...sigh. Here's hoping the song doesn't invade my dreams.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Saltiest,

Just to invade your dreams a little further....

Back at the '66 Twickenham assembly, Nathan K pulled a rabbit out of the hat by producing, on stage, non other than ex-prisoner of China, Harold King.

After regaling us with his experiences, HK then went on to tell us that he had composed a Kingdom melody whilst sat in his jail cell. "Shall I sing it for you?" he asked. "YES!" we all shouted.

So, for the first time in my life, I heard that wonderful, magical tune that still has the power to make Farkel sparkle:

"From house to house,

And door to door,

We spread the kingdom news....."

Sorry folks, that's all I can take before the laxative effect kicks in!

Englishman.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I remember this too, and I left in 1970!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit