Song 113 - "We are Jehovah's Witnesses"

by Simon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• JBean
    JBean

Man... I don't remember!!!! I have a copy of the Kindom Melodies at home... but I'm at work now! C'mon someone... fess up... someone must know that title!!! : )

• Xena
    Xena

I always had a hard time singing the "Make the Truth Your Own" when they came to "if your body members you control" ROFL I would have to bite my lip to keep from cracking up!

• JBean
    JBean

True Xena! HA! I always had this picture of Beavis and Butthead in my mind saying "whoaaa, he said member..."

• Xander
    Xander

This it?

http://www.l-and-a.com.au/comm/addons/midi/song208.mid

#208 - 'A Song of Rejoicing'?

Hard to tell - they all start sounding the same after a while...

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

JBean, my favorite B&B quote is when Butt Head is slumped in a couch asleep and nods Awake! and says: "Wood pecker", laughs, and falls back asleep.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• SYN
    SYN

That thing about the songs being played during intermission brings back so many memories of Conventions I attended (URG - what a waste of time). They would stop the music playing as a signal for everyone to get their asses into their chairs!

Conventions SUCKED! (In fact, they do still SUCK, but in a way that doesn't affect me, thank God!)

Well, at least I didn't have to endure 8-day long conventions. The longest I ever spent @ a convention was 2 days, God forbid.

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• Angharad
    Angharad

I know the one you mean Englishman but I cant remember the name and I cant find our songbook.

We had a CO once that loved singing, one meeting that was that song to finish so he decided that it would be sooooooo much fun if the sisters sang the questions and the brothers sang the answers and when it got to the 'Praise the universal soveriegn bit everybody had to join in really loud(you could almost hear the groaning but the CO seemed to really enjoy himself).

• spender
    spender

there was an elder and his wife that invited us over for dinner once. The wife could play the guitar, so we told her to play something...I was eager to see what she would play. Figures she got out the songbook and started singing and playing the guitar to the songs!! it was horrible !!!! :(

• Xander
    Xander

Angharad:

Must've been something they passed around. We had a CO do that once, too. Funny thing was, people were SOO bored (and use to singing it how they usually did), they kept forgetting to stop singing parts. Which confused the other half of the group, so they didn't start right away - THEN tried to 'catch up'. OMG...it sounded AWFUL. You know the cacophony of a hall just before everyone sits down? Imagine slightly *slightly* organized to music.

LOL!

(We had another CO that divided the hall into two group by seating - must've figured it would be easier for everyone to figure out that way....NOPE! LOLOL!)

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Xena
    Xena

I remember doing that Ang..

"What will you bring Jehovah's Kingdom?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit