Song 113 - "We are Jehovah's Witnesses"

by Simon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN

One good thing (the ONLY GOOD THING) about Kingdom Songs was that I could follow the notes. Having done this so many times, I can now sort-of read music from a sheet in a half-assed sorta way! Excellent! But yeah, they were the lowest of the low, those bloody tunes, GRRR, <GNASH TEETH A BIT>, I really hated them...the same songs, over and over...!

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

There was this one song went :
    "Kiss the son
    lest god be angry
    and you perish in the way
    happeeee are all they that put
    their trust in him todayeeee."

Anyway, that song had a line in it:
    "Soon all Gods foes shall lick the dust"

We all used to snicker and snork every time we sang that line.
    Small amusements for small minds.

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

Ha!Ha! Funny Simon-I missed this thread before.

As a teenager, I knew the lyrics to most of the pop songs that played on the radio like every teenager does. I remember my mom saying, if you can memorize the words to all of those songs then you could surely memorize many of the Kingdom songs. Why don't you spend your time doing that?

Oh Puleeeze Mother!! She wanted me to be such a nerd.

BTW OZZIE, Jan posted to this thread back in July, maybe she's still around, maybe not.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Thanks so much everyone...now I have these stupid Kingdumb Meloncholies stuck in my head.

MoeJoJoJo,

I remember my mother saying the same thing to me.

Refiner's,

What the heck kind of "worship" song is:

"Kiss the son
    lest god be angry
    and you perish in the way
    happeeee are all they that put
    their trust in him todayeeee."
    I just don't understand how they can paint God to be such a petulant being for not getting everything He wants. Ridiculous!

Andi

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

That was the only Kingdumb melody I really liked. Well not the words but the music.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Xena
    Xena

lol I almost passed this one by because of the title glad I didn't!!!! WAY TO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

I am with billygoat though..now that song will be running thru my head ALL day!

• Xander
    Xander

LOL @ QWERTY

Everyone (well, everyone with speakers, anyway) go check out this site, like NOW...

113 midi link http://www.l-and-a.com.au/comm/addons/midi.html#101

It has .mid files (really, really, tiny sound files - takes like 2-3 seconds to load on 28.8 modems) of most of the kingdom melodies.

And, hey, look, and MP3 or two.

LOLOL!!!!

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Englishman
    Englishman

Betcha didn’t know that “We’re Jehovahs witnesses” was once just a half of a special “symphony” written for the 1966 district assemblies just as the 75 thingy was a-brewing. It was played over and over again during the intermissions.

The “symphony” was later split into 2 parts and became 2 separate Kingdom songs, 1 of which was “We’re JW’s”, the other half became a song also but the title escapes me. I recall the other half contained these lines:

“What will you bring?

Triumphal Kingdom!

Da dee dee dum

Dee dum dee dum!

And bring what else?

Triumphal kingdom!

Da de dee dum

Dee dum dee dum!”

Anyone throw anything in here?

Englishman.

• JBean
    JBean

"... What will you bring, Jehovah's Kingdom? Triumph of troof and righteousness! And bring what else, Jehovah's Kingdom? Eternal life and happiness. Paaaaiiiiisssseee the universal soveriegn, for his love and faithfulness. OH GOD!!!! WHY NOWWWWW???? ahaha! Truly funny, Simon!

Hey... anyone else remember that song where they talked about the bees that were molested? I never could figure out WHY in the world someone wrote that!!!! Talk about stretching for rhyme!!!

• Englishman
    Englishman

JBean,

So what is the title of that bloody song? Not the bee one, the triumphal kingdom whatsit.

Please answer!!!

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit