Does Babylon the Great have an address? Do these numbers add up?

by Brownboy 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

This is very urgent if it is accurate, please provide some feedback

Brownboy

Babylon the Great

1 And one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying: ?Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.? 3 And he carried me away in spirit into a wilderness. And I caught sight of a woman sitting upon a scarlet-colored wild beast that was full of blasphemous names and that had seven heads and ten horns . 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and was adorned with gold and precious stone and pearls and had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her fornication. 5 And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: ?Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.? 6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. Well, on catching sight of her I wondered with great wonderment. 7 And so the angel said to me: ?Why is it you wondered? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the wild beast that is carrying her and that has the seven heads and the ten horns: 8 The wild beast that you saw was, but is not, and yet is about to ascend out of the abyss , and it is to go off into destruction. And when they see how the wild beast was, but is not, and yet will be present, those who dwell on the earth will wonder admiringly, but their names have not been written upon the scroll of life from the founding of the world. 9 ?Here is where the intelligence that has wisdom comes in: The seven heads mean seven mountains, where the woman sits on top. 10 And there are seven kings: five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet arrived, but when he does arrive he must remain a short while. 11 And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an eighth , but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction.

Seven Angels (7)

Seven Bowls (7)

Seven Heads (7)

Ten Horns (10)

Wild Beast that you saw was (1) but is not (-1) = (0) and yet will be present = (1)

Seven Kings (7) Five have fallen (5) one is (1)

Calculation (7-5=2+1=3)

Eighth King, but springs from the seven (5+2+1=8)

World Council of Churches

WCC/CCIA United Nations Headquarters Liaison Office

777 United Nations Plaza

New York, NY 10017-3521

7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart [Heart of Manhattan?] she keeps saying, ?I sit a queen , and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.

(Notice the Queens area on the map, and of course this area resides by the sea)

17 because in one hour such great riches have been devastated!? ?And every ship captain and every man that voyages anywhere, and sailors and all those who make a living by the sea , stood at a distance 18 and cried out as they looked at the smoke from the burning of her and said, ?What city is like the great city?

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Brownboy you spend way too much time on this stuff. It looks like you had an answer in mind and tried to work backwards from there twisting and turning any which way you could to get there.

Sorry to be so blunt because this stuff is obviously important to you but you did ask for the opinion.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Brownboy you spend way too much time on this stuff. It looks like you had an answer in mind and tried to work backwards from there twisting and turning any which way you could to get there.

Sorry to be so blunt because this stuff is obviously important to you but you did ask for the opinion.

I appreciate your opinion.....thanks BB

• under74
    under74

dammmitt-give it a rest already. If you look hard enough at anything you're going to find patterns EVEN if they don't exist. You want there to be sense out of these numbers, so you're going to make sense out of it. LISTEN TO ME-life is unpredictable. As much as you want to be able to find out what is going to happen--to put it into somekind of structure--YOU CAN'T. It's never going to work, so get your nose out of Revelation and start living your life like you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow!

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    dammmitt-give it a rest already. If you look hard enough at anything you're going to find patterns EVEN if they don't exist. You want there to be sense out of these numbers, so you're going to make sense out of it. LISTEN TO ME-life is unpredictable. As much as you want to be able to find out what is going to happen--to put it into somekind of structure--YOU CAN'T. It's never going to work, so get your nose out of Revelation and start living your life like you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow!

At least be nice....... BB

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

We had another thread (kind find it now) but it was a Corvin creation and it askied if you could say something nice about someone on this board who would it be.

I am going to take this opportunity here Brownboy. I may think your ideas are not correct but I have to say that your dedication and meticulous effort is admirable. If I had a business with a half dozen employees who are as meticulous, dedicated and passsionate as you at what you believe in we would be a Fortune 100 company in no time.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

But the number 7 is a symbol of perfection. How does that fit into your interpretation?

By perfection I mean totality, fullness, or completeness. The Book of Revelation has 7 churches (Rev. 1:4), 7 lamps (Rev. 1:13), 7 stars (Rev. 1:16), 7 spirits (Rev. 1:4), 7 seals (Rev. 5:1), 7 trumpets )Rev. 8:2), 7 serpent heads (Rev. 12:3), 7 plagues (Rev. 15:1), etc.

• under74
    under74

"At least be nice......." --I am being nice. I'm giving you some top-notch advice.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    But the number 7 is a symbol of perfection. How does that fit into your interpretation?

This is a very good question. The judgment on Babylon is that of Jehovahs. It would seem logical that it would contain 3 sevens since His judgment would be perfect. Anthing that Jehovahs puts forth, such as the destruction on Babylon, would never fail. Nothing would be able to prevent it. Brownboy

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

BB you are the conspiracy theorist of bible theory. 777 would be a number of perfection x3, if I remember Ray Franz at his best in the old babylon book that would never be used FOR or to REPRESENT something he condemns. The mark of the beast was 666. Perhaps she (B the Great) resides at 667, you know, the neighborhood of the beast.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit