JW Organization On Autopilot

by AlanF 82 Replies latest jw friends

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

Alan,
    That is a VERY interesting post. But I have one question. Could you please tell me how you know that Rutherford was an alcoholic, took a mistress, etc., and where I can find this information, if it is factual? Thanx.
    My Regards,
    Joanne

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

Copernicus, what? Alanf made allegations about Rutherford, as did Farkel, that are totally unproven. My calling them on this is not something I have to prove. It's just something I have to point out. If they cannot back up their claims, then mine are proven as a result.

Alanf is certainly in a position to know whether he can or cannot prove his claims. If he cannot then what else are we to think but that he purposefully libelled Rutherford?

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

Alanf, I am willing to grant that analytical reading is not your strong point. But having said that I still think I was pretty clear in asking you to document your claims. If you did not want to "steal the thunder" from alleged, unnamed authors then you should not have stolen the thunder by repeating the allegation! To do so but to fail to provide the documentation that you say is available elsewhere is libel since you cannot show that it is true. If you can't prove it, and you write it, then you have to answer for it. In your case an insanity plea would probably get you off, but you can't be this naive can you?

I'll check out larc's evidence and see if he able to give some credibility to an issue you screwed up royally.

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

larc, are you serious? All you have given are names of people who knew and traveled with the Judge. Some of these people were involved in divorces. Is this all you have? I guess everyone whom the Judge knew, was involved with a divorce, and traveled with was involved with him? Are you and Alanf both on "autopilot"?

• Mishnah
    Mishnah

Alanf, now the situation involving Mary Rutherford is "unclear"? Funny, it sure seemed clear when you first mentioned it! Yeah, you actually sounded like you knew what you were talking about there! Can you just admit that you don't know what you're talking about and spare us all the junk?

• larc
    larc

Mishnah,

On a personal level, I hope you find evidence that proves my inferences about the information to be wrong. I liked Berta. However, I will take truth to wherever it leads me. If you want to e mail me regarding information I have or ways you might find further information - feel free to do so.

• AlanF
    AlanF

To Amazing:

Without getting hold of the newspaper account itself, your observations are interesting, but that's about all. I'm not interested enough to make the effort to get hold of it. If you are, then please do.

To AngelofMuZiC:

The information about Rutherford's alcoholism has been documented in a number of books and other works. The most recent book is Apocalypse Delayed: The Story of Jehovah's Witnesses by James Penton, available from www.freeminds.org .

That Rutherford had one or more mistresses is not yet documented in published books. However, documentation will be published in the next couple of years. My sources are obviously second or third hand, but they're all consistent that Rutherford was a womanizer. I'm not particularly condemning Rutherford for that, since if he was a normal male and he wasn't getting any nookie from his crippled wife, it stands to reason that he'd get it from somewhere. I'm simply pointing out that Rutherford was not the saint that the Watchtower Society today likes to portray.

Poor, poor, stupid Mishnah:

So far you don't seem to understand a simple point: my statement that I won't provide documentation on this board means nothing more than that: I will not provide it.

Various people have told me things on condition that I not "steal their thunder". If you don't like this, go fuck yourself.

As for libel, you can't libel a dead man.

On a contrary note, are you trying to argue that Rutherford was not a drunk and was not a womanizer? On what basis can you discount the testimony of various people such as larc who have personal experience with some of the players? What's your personal stake in wanting to believe that Rutherford was a saint?

AlanF

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

AlanF said to Mishnah:
    "...go fuck yourself."

But only a little earlier AlanF had said THIS of himself:
    Unlike JWs, I retain a sense of ethics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a terrific sense of ethics you "retain", AlanF! The mother that gave birth to you has a lot to be proud of. What a choice son you turned out to be.

• larc
    larc

Friday,

You have a nice way of picking out detail, but you lack the ability to understand the whole picture. Why don't you just get reinstated and leave us alone.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Larcboy

I'm in no need of getting "reinstated".

With regard to "leaving us alone" ... not a chance. You get the "whole picture"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit