What Made Things Finally "Click" With You To Know This Was Not The Truth?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• tata
    tata

First, I think in all the money they have and how they used. Second, just imagine all my friends and family going to be destroyed because they weren't JW. I can't think that God who is love going to destroy all those people. And a good friend of mine helped me to see beyond? That?s sound like Toy Story ?to the infinity and beyond?. Jajajajaja sorry I have to say it.

• Jez
    Jez

Their power to make family shun family.

This forum. I am still learning. I am flooded with information that is undeniable.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

THEN I NOTICED THAT VERY FEW OF THE MEN IN PLACES OF AUTHORITY, BEHAVED AS ONE WOULD EXPECT FROM SPRITUALLY LED MEN.

MOST WERE HAUGHTY, ARROGANT, AND IGNORANT.

All of the above and the lack of love. Also a snide comment from an elder when my sister died.

Merc'

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

"All of the above and the lack of love. Also a snide comment from an elder when my sister died.

Merc'"

Sorry to hear that, Merc. I've never personally been a JW but have a good friend who was raised up one and have another currently who means a lot to me and is one reason I've been researching things and reading posts on sites such as this a long time before I first posted.

I've admittedly felt a lack of love sometimes within regular churches, but that's surely not something I've experienced often. The one thing that's had me surprised since starting to read posts like on this thread -- that there really seems to be a lack of genuine love/care/concern in what would seem to be many kingdom halls. I'd think any group of people feeling they're separated from all the rest of the world would have a sense of unity that would express itself in the aforementioned ways of genuine love, care, and concern for one another. It seems strange that it's apparently so different than that, though surely there must be some halls out there with more unity in a loving type of way.

I feel for each of you who've been hurt by acts of shunning, favoritism, etc. that have gone on, and I pray for some major healing for you all,

Leo

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Sorry to hear that, Merc

Hey, thanks. Sad to say but the Jw's are the worst of any group as far as showing genuine concern for people. When Jesus said that you will know my disciples because they would have love among themselves he certainly wasnt talking about J-dubs.

M'

• missy04
    missy04

To hear about people being shunned. I have a major problem with that. We aren't supposed to be accountable to men, I don't think. They can go on and on all they want about how they are doing what the Bible says but I guess they just can't see it.

How have lots of control..no matter what they say. They can say that they don't really have control, because people can leave whenever they want, or whatever,..blah blah blah, but they have tons of control. I will not beleive anything any man says that is not written out clearly in the Bible, as in 'thou shalt not celebrate Christmas.' If I choose to beleive it is wrong, that's when I'll stop. ......MAN MADE RULES!!!

Studying books other than the Bible more than the Bible! I will read a book on Christianity if I feel like it, but won't study it like it's the Bible!

Their already-thunk-up speeches at doors.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

It was the problems with how they arrived at the year 1914. I read Carl Jonnsen's (sp?) book on The Gentiles Times and realized that this was really an invention.

If 1914 was wrong, then Jesus did not return invisibly then. If Jesus did not return invisibly in 1914, then there was no appointment of a faithful and discreet slave. If there is no FDS, then the JWs have no authentic religious authority and everything they write and believe is just speculation and in most cases highly questionable.

About the time I recognized that the 1914 thing was wrong, they changed the generation of 1914 teachings. This was the last straw for me as I see that as their first step in a long series of steps to change the significance of 1914 in the JW doctrinal system.

As I have said before, the whole thing comes crashing down like a house of cards.

Jeff S.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I would have to say the final nail in the coffin, for me, was when I was in Atlanta at a seminar, and hung out with several wonderful people from Malaysia. One was Hindu, two were Buddhist, two were Muslim and the others were Christians. I spent a lot of time with them and listened to them talk about their life and the way all those very, very different religions coexist in one country, and I was just floored. It suddenly hit me that all these people were men and women of great faith, whose religions really worked for them, and they were all friends, close friends. And there I was ................a JW with a husband who was trying desperately to quit being an elder, with me fighting him every step of the way, and I just had a great epiphany that weekend.

My assigned roommate was an American woman, who just happened to be studying with JW's and loved them, and was very interested in their religion. I thought that was holy spirit, that she just happened to be my roommate, but she had a whole different perspective on the religion, and I was a captive audience. She compared the way they "recruit" to network marketing, which was our business. Instead of being offended, I completely saw her point. She was right.

I came home and told Dave that I knew he was telling me the truth and that we had to get out of the WTS. I guess all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place that weekend. I realized they were just another religion and not a very good one..................not one I wanted to be part of anyway.

My roommate that weekend quit studying about a month later, thankfully.

• blondie
    blondie

Reading the older publications and seeing how differently they believed and how it is misrepresented (a synonym for lying) in the WTS history.

Couple that with the current lies of individual elders/BOEs and it was out the door.

Biggest lie, JWs are the only true religion because of the outstanding love they show each other...

Blondie

• M.J.
    M.J.

Azaria: have her check out the April 1, 1972 Watchtower, p. 197:

They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them

People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses.

You can read more at: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/prophet.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit