What Made Things Finally "Click" With You To Know This Was Not The Truth?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me it was the realization that there was no "faithful & discreet slave", that all the prophecies "proving" that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion approved by God is bogus and the realization that this is a "cult" and there is no real normal sense of love and affection in the "truth".

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The absolute click was probably when I started reading stuff on Freeminds.org. I never knew they changed the Generation 1914 Doctrine. That really pissed me off. I was lied to since childhood.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

The first thing was the UN scandal. That got me looking into it more deeply...that's when I started learning the truth about "the truth."

• target
    target

The one thing that made me finally take out my huge pile of "planted seeds of doubt" was the King Of The North study article followed by the fall of the USSR. I started taking a good look at all the issues and found that I just hated being at meetings and watched the time as the meeting dragged on and on until I could escape. It finally got to where I just could not make myself go anymore. That is when I started searching on the web and found this site. The rest is history.

Right On Target

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

1975 MADE ME LOOSE FAITH IN THE ORG.

THEN I NOTICED THAT VERY FEW OF THE MEN IN PLACES OF AUTHORITY, BEHAVED AS ONE WOULD EXPECT FROM SPRITUALLY LED MEN.

MOST WERE HAUGHTY, ARROGANT, AND IGNORANT.

Outoftheorg

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

2 things.. one , the way i was treated during the worst time of my life and two, the generation change.. if my great grandma and grandparents died believing one thing , i was told to believe another thing.. then i would die and my children and grandchildren would be believing something entirely different over time. faith is important but God doesnt change that much!

• azaria
    azaria
    I never knew they changed the Generation 1914 Doctrine

Nosferatu: Do some members still believe in this doctrine even though it has been changed? My mother sometimes talks about 1914 and about not dying. She has always had a great fear of getting old and of dying. It must have shook her when my dad passed away last year, thinking that they would never die.

Also, does, or did, the org believe that they were prophets? My mothers says that they never claimed that.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Double standards.

Being told personally by a CO that nothing would be done about corrupt elders because of protecting the organization's image. Seeing these 'pillars' fall would jeopardize the stability of the flock.

Jehovah's counsel takes a back seat to the whim of fleshly men. Only people that have the 'truth' can know when this is appropriate.

• minimus
    minimus

The double standards thing is an indication that everything is simply fleshly--not spiritual.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

When I dared to venture outside of the JW's for friendship, I met two non-JW Christians who were absolutely kind and unconditionally loving. They were spiritually content and beautiful people. It finally clicked that JW's couldn't POSSIBLY be the only ones to be "saved" and it just snowballed from there.

Also, it helped to discover the internet. You rotten apostates you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit