Lots of things are going wrong...

by Sirona 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Nancy, Candidly and Gumby,

Thanks for the comforting words. I'm sure that I will be stronger afterwards, I suppose I keep wondering what the heck is going to happen in the future that requires all this "training" to prepare for it?!

Gumby, post your pic to prove you are really handsome!

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I suppose I keep wondering what the heck is going to happen in the future that requires all this "training" to prepare for it?!

Funny, I think like that after a spell of good things

• hubert
    hubert

Sirona, Hugs to you....(((((Sirona)))))

When I have problems at work that make me think about quiting, I write a list, one column for the positive things at work, the other for the negative. Then, I weigh them out to see if I should stay on and bear with it, and maybe make some changes in the way I react to the negative things.

A good example of this is, I worked with a guy who was very jealous of me, because I got my old job back, and he felt I shouldn't have been there, because he wasn't getting any more overtime, and he felt it was my fault. Plus, there were other reasons, too, but it all came down to jealousy. So, it came to a point when I had to weigh the pros and cons myself, and finally came to a decision that I would just ignore him,(like he was doing to me), and just do my job to the best of my ability, and whatever happens, happens. Well, after taking this "abuse" for 3 years, he quit !!! Now, no more stress, and I actually look forward to going to work again.

I hope it doesn't take you 3 years to get over your problems at work, but what I'm trying to say is, by changing your attitude and hanging in there for a while, it might all change for the better.

It seems like,, when things go great for a while, look out, because something is going to throw a wrench in the spokes. But, it all gets fixed, eventually.

Hope this helps. It did for me. Sorry to hear about all your other problems, too.

Sincerely,

Hubert

• Sirona
    Sirona

Shotgun,

I didn't reply properly yesterday, so here goes:

You have been one of the biggest reasons my skeptic side has been kept at bay. Your openness and honesty about the different paths you have taken and were opened to you after you decided to leave the borg. All the things you have experienced..especially the unexplained makes me wonder and hope that there really is something else.

I'm really glad that I've helped keep you guessing about the unknown

Guess what..sometimes without that little bit of hope the prospect of going on isn't that great. Some of the history you have shared reveals a woman who has endured more at your tender young age than what many endure in a lifetime...or two for you non skeptics. To see you accomplish what you have gives me and others hope that somehow we can muddle through the messed up times in our lives as well. This past spring and early summer you had so many wonderful things happening for you...pull out those photo albums...those days will come again.

I don't know what to say to that, except that I've really appreciated your friendship. You have been there for me and it really does help to hear that someone thinks I'm strong.

Things could be alot worse Sirona, as you look through those photo albums you'll see Valis...imagine being born with a mug like that.

LOL yeah, you are right!

Thanks so much, I was very down yesterday. When things like this happen I realise who my real friends are. (hug)

To LT - thanks for chatting to me on the phone yesterday, that really helped.

All in all I'm feeling much better today...

Sirona

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

if thats true, then boy am i in trouble, the last 60 days have not been pretty.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Sirona- Sorry that you are having a bad time. It will pass. There is a line in the Messiah's Handbook which is contained within Richard Bach's Illusions that goes

"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts."

There is another line in that same source that speaks to your relationship with the folks who post here.

"The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof".

I'm confident that many here will be praying for you.

• Corvin
    Corvin

I know the skeptics will roll their eyes at this suggestion: I think that sometimes things happen this way for a reason, and that when we successfully get through it, we are so much stronger.

What do you think about the idea that trials sometimes come along for a reason?

I certainly do agree that when we successfully get through trials and challenges we are better and stronger.

As for them happening for a reason? Well, the only thing I, personally, am absolutely sure about is that 90% of everything that happens to you, you are the cause of. I am more careful these days about what I cause.

I sincerely hope you get through this set of trials you are currently dealing with. It sounds as though you are strong and have an empowering perspective. Sometimes that's all you need to make through to the other side. My thoughts are with you.

Best Regards,

Corvin

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hubert,

Thanks for the tips regarding work. There is one person in particular at work who I'm finding difficult to deal with, this person is nasty and has no clue whatsoever what "teamwork" is. He can't do his job so keeps pushing things my way which I shouldn't have to do.

Aswell as that, something else happened yesterday which made work really difficult.

Your idea of writing a list sounds good.

Navigator: very good quotes....and applicable... I like the idea of the gifts in problems.

Corvin, Yes I do agree that we cause most problems ourselves. I guess we don't always realise it. Keeping moving away from that which harms us and toward that which doesn't is a difficult thing to do, because we (I'm) inclined to sit still and "cope" without taking action. One blessing I can already see from yesterday is that I should vocalise things rather than letting them stew, so I started today with that intention. The intention of being authentically me, without worrying too much what others may think, without trying to appear strong.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm in this job, but the fact is that the money I earn helps me do a lot with my life. Getting another job may not be the answer.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

I just took these on my phone, they show my new nose stud...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    I detest the saying "what kills ya only makes ya stronger", though.
    I feel like slapping folks, when they tell me that, even if it does have a glimmer of truth about it!

Ross, sweetie, I think you meant to type "what DOESN'T kill ya"...............LOL!

Sirona, I am a firm believer that before I came to earth, I chose certain events to happen in my life for "soul growth" this time around...........that's just my belief, but, it really makes sense, imo. Having just gone thru a bout myself, I give you hugs and send you positive energy and assurances that "this too shall pass". Keep on keepin' on, and indeed you will emerge stronger.

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit