In Watchtower World---What Do You Think The Society Thinks of JWD???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

What idiots ... don't they realise that for a reasonable fee I could give them access logs to the site to help identify people?

It would be indistinguishable from a list of random number IP addresses which they would probably realise while we were having a big fest on the proceeds

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    I would have been really chuffed

Does that mean bugged or pleased?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Min gives the WTS a lot of credit. I don't believe they THINK at all!

• Englishman
    Englishman
    I would have been really chuffed
    Does that mean bugged or pleased?

It means it's good! If he'd been pissed he'd have been drunk. If he'd been pissed off, he'd have been very upset. But I'm dead chuffed that you asked. Englishman.

• Simon
    Simon

Chuffin 'ell !!

• toreador
    toreador

Well, I'll be chuffed. did I use that correctly?

• Quotes
    Quotes

"What Do You Think The Society Thinks of JWD???"

==> I think they don't mostly.

"they mentioned web sites with names designed to mislead people"

===> I occasionally get accused of this, via email, about my website (www.watchtower.ca). But I still want to know what anyone would think is unfair about this name? It is a site about watchtower quotes, so why not call it that?

Similarly, JWD is a Discussion about the JW's. It would be misleading to call it www.catholic-church.com, wouldn't it? All things considered, both JWD and my site are acurately, fairly named. :)

~Quotes, of the "I think they're still P.O.'d that I got watchtower.ca and they didn't" class

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

JWD is living proof that JWs can leave the cult and still live a happy life with loving kind words of support for each other. I believe the WT hates you. You are living proof that they lie.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Witnesses typically don't allow themselves to even entertain the thought that they might be on the losing side of any battle, no matter what the evidence, so I doubt that anyone is shaking a clenched fist and crying, "Damn you, Jay Double-You Dee!"

On the other hand, I have to laugh when I think about the awkward position any Writing Department guys would be in to read this site. The thing is, they're don't want Witnesses to come here. But the more they turn on the apostate sirens, the more ludicrous it sounds. I think at some point the bough just breaks and reasonable people snap awake.

So they're caught in a paradox: If they just pretend we don't exist, people will continue to come to the site and learn the truth. But if they step up the hard-line rhetoric, they risk alienating more of their people.

To me, it just underscores how you can't hide from information. Sooner or later, you have to face up to reality.

SNG

• minimus
    minimus

Simon and Quotes, I'm sure you must feel honored to be referenced as a danger........Big Tex, tell Ted J. I said hi!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit