NWT Scholars

by homme perdu 166 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

schooler, (sic)

: Believe you me, I am deadly serious when I make modest claims about the NWT. Its brilliance can only be appreciated by reading and using it and comparing it with ALL other inferior translations.

Yeah. It's best to compare the NWT only with the translations that are inferior. It makes the number of comparisons minimal that way.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

scholar the liar writes,

: because when I have challenged others in respect to chronology there is a total reluctance from WT critics to participate.

Rubbish. I've asked you at least THREE times to provide Biblical proof that ties Jesus' comments about the "Gentile Times" to the "7 Times" prophecy in chapter 4 of of Daniel. You haven't done it, because it cannot be done. As Earnest said about another matter, they are an "apples and pears" comparison.

If you cannot tie the 7 Times prophecy to the so-called "ending" of the "Gentile Times" in 1914, the entire authority structure of your piss-ant false religion falls. All the BAs and MAs in religion cannot change that simple fact, nitwit.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

schooler,

: Therfore, I repeat that the Committee is unknown and unknowable at this stage until firm evidence is produced. In a way, the whole matter has mystical overtones which sends shivers through one is it not?

Yes, it does: I wouldn't trust the material in ANY book where the author(s) was/were too cowardly to attach their names to their work. This is especially true with a book as significant as the Bible.

Come to think of it, most of the books in the Bible claim no authorship, either. Since I don't trust any Bible to be the "word of God" and since I'm absolutely convinced the WT leaders are a pack of cynical liars, the only real "shivvers" I get is that people actually believe the shit they spout.

Farkel, Phd with honors from "Screw U"

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Alan F & Farkel, Hillary, Leiolea, & others:

This was (is) a very lengthy thread. Given the fact this subject has been appropriately handled so many times before on this board and within this particular thread, I will not paste notes from my previous research.

Basically, as Alan so clearly explained, in order for an individual to adhere to the doctrine of the WTBS and comply with the policies of the WTBS, that individual MUST maintain a closed mind. All witnesses suffer from a varying degree of Stockholm syndrome and live in denial.

It is only the proud and unfounded defense mechanism of all witnesses to refuse, ignore, deny and reject any source of exposure or criticism of the mother organization. This is obvious by tracking the declining tone of the "Scholar" as the thread progressed.

As the overwhleming evidence became clearer and clearer, and the proof unquestionable, this automaton's tone began increasing in personal attacks and containing less "scholarly" information to defend the futile doctrine of the WTBS.

It was like watching the dismantling of liar's alibis. Little by little, the scholar was forced to reluctantly acquiesce and then finally retreat into the sanctuary of denial, then lash out in harsh rampant criticism and negativity.

It's funny how one who boasts of academics, critical thinking skills, applied science and enlightenment cannot remain on course and when dislodged, one cannot simply accept reality in good sportsmanship and make the experience an object lesson for growth.

Typical dysfunctional delusional demagogue from the denizens of depraved religious fanatics in the WTBS.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Alan F & Farkel, Hillary, Leiolea, & others:

This was (is) a very lengthy thread. Given the fact this subject has been appropriately handled so many times before on this board and within this particular thread, I will not paste notes from my previous research.

Basically, as Alan so clearly explained, in order for an individual to adhere to the doctrine of the WTBS and comply with the policies of the WTBS, that individual MUST maintain a closed mind. All witnesses suffer from a varying degree of Stockholm syndrome and live in denial.

It is only the proud and unfounded defense mechanism of all witnesses to refuse, ignore, deny and reject any source of exposure or criticism of the mother organization. This is obvious by tracking the declining tone of the "Scholar" as the thread progressed.

As the overwhleming evidence became clearer and clearer, and the proof unquestionable, this automaton's tone began increasing in personal attacks and containing less "scholarly" information to defend the futile doctrine of the WTBS.

It was like watching the dismantling of liar's alibis. Little by little, the scholar was forced to reluctantly acquiesce and then finally retreat into the sanctuary of denial, then lash out in harsh rampant criticism and negativity.

It's funny how one who boasts of academics, critical thinking skills, applied science and enlightenment cannot remain on course and when dislodged, one cannot simply accept reality in good sportsmanship and make the experience an object lesson for growth.

Typical dysfunctional delusional demagogue from the denizens of depraved religious fanatics in the WTBS.

• scholar
    scholar

Utopian Reformist

Your comments are irrelevant to me because I do not run away from issues as many critics of WT theology do. IF you are so attuned to the progress of this post then please explain why my critics have not responded to my earlier challenges to chronology. Where is the list of kings for Israel and Judah? Where is an alternative biblical chronology? What calender year concludes the Gentile Times? How is prophecy fulfilled in modern times? I simply choose the timing and manner of my responses in the full knowledge that these issuse will be repeated in the future The bpttom line is that our critics have no substitute for our splendid NWT, Organization heritage, chronology and biblical theology.

svholar

BA MA Studies in Religion

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Unfortunately, you willingly persist in abusing yourself mentally by consciously propogating WTBS and biblical chronology.

There can be NO substitute chronology for what is already flawed from origin. For example, if I print a fictitious story with a timeline, and critics dispute the timeline, and other critics dispute the critics, the end result is inconsequential, null and void because of the original premise is not based on fact.

Since the bible is definitely flawed, attempting to correct the flaws with "malleable" substitutes and "pliable" solutions does not constitute fact or resolve the original dilemma. Bible chronology is flawed, and customized bibile chronology according to the WTBS is also flawed, as are the historical, archaeological and theological attempts at deciphering and correcting the very same chronology.

It is an exercise in futility, better yet, insanity according to Einstein's definition.

Biblical chronology is irrelevant and useless.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

scholar : take your head out of the toilet. with all your knowledge > you act like a WT DOPE. why don't you join bethel so you can live with the other wt DOPES. your nose is so far up the wt's arse. maybe they will let you become a world wide wt DOPE PUSHER. you could talk at assemblies of 10,000 other wt dopes. you could instruct them, on the 2520 times a ba scholar can lick a kingdumb hell toilet bowl. to please jehooover with correct licking cronology. boy you have shit all over your face. john

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scholar,

Where is an alternative biblical chronology?

You have once again been backed into your usual indenfensible position where you try to prove that the superior platform is to cling to the notion that it is neccessary to replace a falsehood with a truth to prove that faleshood incorrect. A truly nonesensical position to argue from, but one that does mimic a typical JW's defense when their religion is criticized.

So let us hear it, get it over with : "Who else is doing the preaching work world-wide?". "How can you expect Athiests to understand spiritual things?"

HS

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

On a secular note, although I typically encourage, respect and endorse most forms of advanced education, graduate studies and doctoral studies, I must admit that I have always found degrees in religious studies, theology and other related majors as having less potential for impacting society in a positive way and less productive overall.

That is just my opinion as a science and technology major.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit