To Blue Dot or Not to Blue Dot. That is the question ....

by Oubliette 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    They'll all have it, sooner or later.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Ahh! the price one pays for selling out to the worldly public relations consultants...never mind, the most sacred and universally revered of all cows: the holy cash cow is safe, for the moment, in the hands of Saatchi and Saatchi.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

"The cost of purchasing and installing signs featuring the logo should be met from local congregation funds."

IOW Don't expect the WTBT$ to contribute a nickel for this swanky new branding.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Wasanelder Once5 months ago
    That old rugged dot! FUNNIEST THING IVE READ IN AGES!!! I know this post was months ago but had to comment!!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Specially laughing at the rugged dot in its beautious brevity after that long winded letter...the old windbags ..!
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As shown on the attached photographs, the official logo for the jw.org website is now displayed
    prominently on our buildings in New York.

They should be displayed in an appropriate,dignified way...........WatchTower

This "PLASTIC" Piece Of WBT$ Crap Should Be Displayed..

................IN AN APPROPRIATE,DIGNIFIED WAY??!!

.............Image result for JW.org logo...Image result for Good luck with that

• oppostate
    oppostate

Where the heck does one get a WT approved MEPS font to fabricate the sign according to spec's?

Seems a bit extreme they'd expect local congregations to make their own signs. Doesn't it?

Why not just make signs at WT facilities and from there send to the congregations on a donation basis like literature?

Is it because they don't own rights to trademark JW-dot-Org? The reason they lost this was due to their description of the web site's stated purpose for media streaming downloading, it conflicts with JWplayer's brand and could lead to confusion.

Read more about it on JWleaks' excellent page on this topic:

http://jwleaks.org/2014/06/19/jw-org-logo-denied-trademark-status-in-the-united-states/

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    This made me laugh so hard I have tears running down my face!
    That's nothing, I laughed so hard I had tears running down my leg! (Just joking, but it was funny).

Blue calf, red calf , gold calf.
    Blue square, ...............catch my drift?

I had the same thought, I imagined the Israelites talking about the RGB value and Pantone number of the gold color used for the calf, and what background color was acceptable.

• oppostate
  • Splash
    Splash

They have certainly changed their stance on this.
    Not a surprise since they are changing their stance on most things.

*** km 9/74 p. 8 Question Box ***
    Furthermore, we do not want to give others the impression that the Tetragrammaton is the symbol of Jehovah's witnesses as a whole. We have no organizational symbol to identify ourselves but show that we are Jehovah's Christian witnesses by living in harmony with God's will.

*** w00 1/1 p. 9 par. 15 Serving With the Watchman ***
    For example, in the 1920's many Bible Students wore a pin featuring a cross-and-crown emblem, and they celebrated Christmas and other pagan holidays. However, for worship to be pure, all vestiges of idolatry must be discarded. God's Word, the Holy Bible, must be the sole basis of the Christian's faith and way of life.

*** km 4/09 p. 4 Question Box ***
    Congregations or individuals should not use logos or names of the organization's legal entities, or variations thereof, on their Kingdom Halls, signs, letterhead, personal objects, and so forth...

The Watch Tower logo, or a variation of it, should not be used in future Kingdom Hall projects even if the Kingdom Hall is owned by a Watch Tower entity.

*** 2014 onwards:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit