I did a search on the first phone number and here is what I found

John H Pendlebury 401-724-0188
    update/remove
    33 Terrace Ave
    Pawtucket, RI 028604638

Devon

• 4JWY
    4JWY

How do you reach, THE OWNER to make an offer?

I specifically remember a talk that was given about "Jehovah is the owner of our Kingdom Hall"....

This may be a true SIGN of how to REACH him at his direct number!

• joenobody
    joenobody

Too cheap to pay a real estate agent, are they?

• observador
    observador

Joenobody, this is what I thought too. It's all about saving some money. Save, save, save and send to the Society...

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

They sold our old Kingdom Hall to a guy who turned it into a Karate place. It was pretty funny.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.providencemutual.com/Contact_Agents/search.asp?state=RI

John H Pendlebury Jr is listed as a real estate agent at this site.

• hubert
    hubert

Nice picrures, Obervador...

I've been in this one, for a wedding, a few years ago.

It smelled musty, but other than that, was well maintained. I heard the reason it's being sold is because of the musty smell, and high ceilings, poor electric, and high maintenance cost.

What I wasn't told, is it is prime real estate, on a highway, and a strip mall is being built right next to it, and real estate in this area has jumped up 3-fold in the last ten years. So, I figure they can sell it for a huge profit, and they probably have some "donated" land to build a new one on, with their "free labor'.

That's my guess.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

It'd probably make a good restaurant - large, strangely designed building with lots of parking. It may need a few windows knocked in, though!

What would be a good name for a restaurant in an ex-Dub Hall?

My :

1. The Apostate's Inn

Any more suggestions?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I specifically remember a talk that was given about "Jehovah is the owner of our Kingdom Hall"....

Dammm...that was my first thought also...I hate it ..too many THINKING people in this group.

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

There is a park near where I work that my husband and eat lunch at during the summer. On the way, there was a KH. Just recently, we went by and the KH was not a KH anymore, but rather some kind of a Methodist Church. I thought it was interesting that they allowed another church to buy it out.

Wonder what happened to all those happy Dubs from the Caledonia, Michigan Kingdom Hall?

:)

GH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit