Very Depressed today... Please Help.

by Confucious 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Guys,

I'm really feeling better reading these posts.

And TRES, thank you!!!

I really feel we're an online family here.

I'm at home tonight with my lady. She is wonderful!

She asked me a week ago NOT to even respond to HER (ex).

Thanks!!!

Con

• Sassy
    Sassy

Con, she probably could get to you because, as you said, you were 'that close' to asking her to marry you. That means she knew you well enough to know how to push your buttons. Strangers rarely can get to us, but those who have gotten into our inner circle/inner space, can.. Even if we have moved on and have good things happening in our life..

and you are right, it is so easy to give advice than apply it, isn't it? it is the same for all of us..

I dont' have answers for you, but you have our shoulder any time you need it.

• Scully
    Scully

Confucious...

I don't remember whether or not you're considered "inactive" or "disfellowshipped"/"disassociated" by the JWs. If you're either DF'd or DA'd, what is she doing initiating contact with you?? Does she think she's not required to follow their rules on not contacting former members??

Personally, I'd add her e-mail address to my spam filter and make sure nothing from her gets through to me again. Life is way too short to waste another millisecond on judgemental holier-than-thou people like that. Anyone like that is not worth the energy or dignity of a response. I wouldn't waste my spit putting a stamp on a letter to someone like that.

Getting involved in a debate like the one she's starting reminds me of the saying: Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.

Love, Scully

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

Confucious,

I'm glad you're feeling better. I find kinship in these words from Narkissos:

But we are not tied to the role people assign us in their stories. We can step out and make our own stories whenever we really want to.

They remind me of a friend, a former witness, who refuses to associate with active JW's on the grounds that they are part of Babylon the Great...

Whip that one out and see what happens...

Best wishes,

Steve

• shotgun
    shotgun

I guess you couldn't say...AHHSO..Confucious say FU to nasty nutty exgirlfriend

Tell her if she decides to stop pioneering tomorrow there are two rocks waiting to fill her spot!

She's probably hurt and jealous after seeing you with the other girls...you were almost engaged as you mentioned..

• Flash
    Flash
    I guess it bothers me because I get REAL OFFENDED when people question my spirituality.

I never liked it either. The sanctimonious and proud are the ones who question us. They should be more concerned about the 'rafter' in their own eye than the straw in ours!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Sorry you have to go through it; all the same, forget her.

Korah. Please someone shoot me.

IF we talk about harmless little witnesses being like Korah, then we have to look for the new MOSES. Moses was God's friend like no other; no other prophet had the connection Moses did, if we believe the scrips. Do the boys at Bethel really think that they are the modern day Moses in this lame comparison??? Talk about lack of humility!

AFTER Jesus, how was dissent handled? Paul ignored it and said that God would deal with them. A far cry from the modern day witch hunts and scare tactics that go on now.

IGNORE the hypocrite!

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Korah video is being studied this month. So all the good little JW's are turning over rocks looking for bugs to squish.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Con, next time ya see that....person....tell her that she'd find fault with Jesus associating with harlots and tax collectors, too.....and realize that SHE's the one with the problem....not you.

Hugs,

Frannie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I told people in the truth (tm), that when I thought it was the truth. I preached it from rooftops (Pioneer 9 years.)

But when it's not - I will do the same.

Boy I can relate to what you said. (I only pioneered 3 years). It does sound to me as if she is cloaking her jealousy at seeing you in a current relationship and her desire to see you unhappy (you're not with her so you MUST be unhappy!) under the guise of Christian love. I think she is angry that you've moved on and she hasn't. Therefore she chooses "witnessing" to you to bring back a lost soul to Jehovah. That way she can feel superior to you, vent some anger at you and tell you how wrong you were to leave Jehvovah (when she really means "You were wrong to leave me").

I don't blame you for being angry. Realize however you are talking to a brick wall if you want to try to reason with her. It's easy to say let it go, but you don't sound quite ready yet. So here's what I'd recommend: sit down and write a letter. Witness back to her and show her Biblical proof the Witnesses are wrong. Make the letter as long as you want.

Then when you're finished, you will know whether it needs to be mailed or not. See, sometimes an exercise like writing to your past can exorcise demons. My wife was finished with the Witnesses but there was one nagging little feeling, and she just couldn't let it go. It wasn't until we got a sheperding call, and she tore those two fellows a new hole, that she was ready to completely let it all go.

I see the same thing in you. Try it and see, and I think you'll know. I think you might find it easier to let the entire JW experience go, and be better able to block them reaching out to you in the future.

Either way, good luck.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit