Very Depressed today... Please Help.

by Confucious 42 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

I could be wrong ( no not me) but i think you still have some feelings for her and it is understandable you were going to marry her. When she criticized you i think it hurt you because you think she feels less of you and deep down it bothers you. Remember she is a JW and you need to look at the source where this came from. Don't let her depress you, really it is the WT talking and i am sure she is not happy for you having a new relationship.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HEY CONF.

DO YOU REALLY WANT TO PULL HER STRING??

THEN JUST IGNORE HER. NOTHING MAKES ONE REALLY TICKED OFF, AS BEING IGNORED.

ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE FEMALE. OUCH!!!

ALSO IF SHE GETS NO REPLY, THERE IS LESS FOR HER TO RESPOND TO OR THROW AT YOU. EVEN THE GOOFY ONES GIVE UP IF IGNORED LONG ENOUGH.

Outoftheorg OUCH!!

• kls
    kls

outoftheorg,,,,,,,EVEN THE GOOFY ONES GIVE UP IF IGNORED LONG ENOUGH,,,,,,,,,,,,.Hey who you calling goofy,,,,,,,LOL

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Does anyone have an explaination why WE ALL HERE are NOT like Korah???

We are not like Korah because the organization is not like Moses. Moses is shown clearly in scripture to have been a type of Christ, not of a human organization. So unless you are rebelling against and challenging the authority of Jesus Christ, you are not like Korah.

Of course, the organization likes to assume Christ's authority for itself, so I wouldn't guarantee that they are not like Korah...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Well... ignore her

Now about Korah... the Bible is full of "villain" characters which serve to keep people in submission and guilt. So that we're afraid to be proud, rebellious, critical, independent, and so on.

Jude uses Korah and a bunch of other OT "villains" to this very end. And to whom does he apply such caricatures? To other sincere believers who happened to disagree with his "truth".

Why was the Korah story (Numbers 16) written in the first place? Because the Jerusalem priesthood wanted to silence any contestation from the former priests of the other sanctuaries which were reduced to the subordinate state of "levites". The Korahites were an old priestly family (as is apparent from Psalms and Chronicles). Telling a bad story (especially of rebellion) about their eponym ancestor was a convenient way to put them down.

But we are not tied to the role people assign us in their stories. We can step out and make our own stories whenever we really want to.

Take care,

Narkissos

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

WELL KLS, I WASN'T OUCH REFERING TO FEMALES OUCH OUCH IN GENERAL JUST THE QUIT IT DAMNIT OUCH KINDA GOOFY OUCH YOU I KNOW OUCH!!!

OUTAHERE

Outoftheorg

• kls
    kls

outoftheorg,,,,,,drop'm i'll give you OUCH,,,,,,lol

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Con,

Why did you feel any need to continue the conversation, or even take the phone call? You don't seem to be dealing with a real rational mind there, or one that wants to even listen to you. Why aggravate yourself & your lady? I truly believe some of these types thrive on confrontation.

Outoftheorg, that is correct, even the nuttiest of nuts (either sex) usually escalate the bahavior for a while, then quit when it doesn't get them the desired result (attention, connection)

Dirt Rocker, then what is you connection to this board, besides posting inflamatory anti-abortion sites?

If a person's self worth depends on external forces & approval, they may end up disappointed. I think Stinky Pantz has a quote on her tag line, something like "never explain, your friends don't need it & the others will never believe you anyway", something to that effect.

I still say living well is the best revenge.

• tresbella
    tresbella

Confucious, I may be young but I understand what you are going through. Just reading your post pissed me off! We're all an online family here so when one hurts we all hurt. Anyways, me personaly, an old best friend of mine has suddenly become 'oh so spiritual' herself. She was actually engaged to a wordly guy for 4 years and after me and her somewhat rekindled our friendship (unrelated case) I found out that she confessed to her parents everything (last I heard her father wanted to set up a judicial meeting also) and she also got baptized at this year's convention. all of a sudden she wants to preach to me about me still dating wordly men, lying to my folks and how I need to clean up my act (not in so many words) It takes all of my might not to tell her everything I know about this cult and help her open her eyes and also let her know that just b/c she confessed all her dirt and got baptized don't mean she's ms. holy. But that would only cause serious problems right? So I'm not saying to ignore her but at the same time don't let your anger provoke you to say something that could get you in trouble. If she continues then tell her straight from what from the bible that she need to stop judging you. and you know what? I've been seen in places I shouldn't of been but hey most of the time I deny it. Unless she's got her 2 wittnesses then she aint got nothin on ya.

• tresbella
    tresbella

p .s-it is possible it was more or less a jelaousy thing then her just wanting to "save you from satan" or whatever. you know how us women are. we playa hate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit